Thunderbirds are go!!!!

Started by Newportnobby, April 02, 2015, 08:38:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geoff

Totally Brilliant a bit disappointed with Lady Penelope but it was good fun.
Geoff

GrahamB

Struggled to stay with it to the end.

The old puppet series may have and their strings on show but at least it looked slightly believable. I wonder if this will prompt any re-runs of the old series (Space Patrol, Thunderbirds, Stingray etc)?

Tonbridge MRC Member.
My Southwark Bridge thread can be found at https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38683.0
My Southwark Bridge website can be found at https://southwarkbridge.wixsite.com/ngauge

cjdodd

For a modern remake I thought they made a really good attempt to keep all camps happy. I was pleasantly surprised.

Fireman Wallie

Just finished watching it and at the moment I`m a tad undecided, :-\  I can see that they are bringing it up to date  :confused1:

BUT Parker ALWAYS wore his Chauffer's  cap!! To me he looked more like one of the Kray twins!! :o

A bit like Batman not wearing his mask..... `taint right >:(

FW

Plainline.

Why did they have to murder the theme music?

kardkits

What a load of rubbish - decission made within the first minute or so, why didnt the balloon get sucked into TB2's engine intakes!
maybe there are still strings (very well hidden) that held the balloon from TB2

Newportnobby

Overall I thought it was pretty good really. They at least stuck to the original launch sequences and Grandma's cooking still sucks :)
I reckon they tried to cram too much in and the music was horribly intrusive.
To me, Lady Penelope was a younger Madonna lookalike and I agree with Fireman Wallie about Parker. Some adult content still in there (not sure whether many adults know what a HALO parachute jump is, let alone young viewers)
The jury is also out on the introduction of Thunderbird S(hadow)
I won't comment about Brains (although it was probably best to remove it before watching) :hmmm:
6/10

Pengi

Quite enjoyed it but explosions were so much better in the puppet series. Gordon's hair was decidedly odd   :worried:
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

Malc

I recorded it and watched later, well I watched about 10 minutes of it before I got fed up and deleted it.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Bealman

Most intriguing. I was a massive fan of the show as a kid to the point of building models and blowing them up while filming it with a standard 8mm movie camera. I was given the entire collection of episodes on DVD for me birthday some years ago.

I also have watched every episode of Captain Scarlett on YouTube (bit different to earlier Anderson productions - people actually got killed), and every episode of Space Patrol also on YouTube with Larry Dart, Husky, Slim and Marla. When I was a kid, it used to screen around the same time as Anderson's Fireball XL5. I preferred XL5 then, but looking at them both now, I prefer Space Patrol.... it's actually technically more correct!

"Scanner viewer workin' CHECK! Gamma rays on CHECK! Yobba rays on CHECK!"

And the really cool thing was that Husky the Martian was always thinking about his stomach.  :)

I'll keep a look out for this new Thunderbirds thing. Doesn't sound too crash hot but I will view with open mind.  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Agrippa

Never saw any of it , too busy with the Carry on fest on the pub tv    ..... :D

Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

Greybeema

Didn't see it as I was out at rugby in Landsdowne road but by the sounds of it I'll stick to Dads Army...
:Class414:
Worlds Greatest Suburban Electric - Southern
(Sparky Arcy 3rd Rail Electrickery Traction)

My Layout on NGauge Forum:- http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=12592.msg154278#msg154278

gjhimages

Watched for 10 mins not impressed , turned over
Will keep the recording for 5 year old grandson
Hope he is not impressed got too much invested in his current 'star wars fad'

Agrippa

Just hope they don't remake Blake's 7  !!!!!
Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

NTrain

I watched it when I finished work.

Characters - more wooden than the puppets.  Several changed in many ways. I was surprised that the movements of the characters were often a shuffle. Childrens cartoon series have come a longgggg way in this respect. I have been subjected to many of the new offerings, when helping out with the school run for my grandchildren.

Storyline - Seemed very 'clipped'. Each rescue seemed to be carried out in about five minutes.

Now, I step back and look at this in perspective. This is a reboot for the modern age. So the fact that the characters have changed should not be considered. The target audience will probably never know about the original series.

As for not understanding what a HALO jump is. These days, even young children seem to know how to look things up on Google..............

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations