Server Response Times

Started by Yet_Another, February 22, 2021, 05:17:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yet_Another

Just for info, I've cut & pasted the server response times for various pages I've visited between 17:00-17:10 GMT today.

Page created in 41.991 seconds with 30 queries.

Page created in 15.808 seconds with 24 queries.

Page created in 30.613 seconds with 22 queries.

Page created in 13.064 seconds with 24 queries.

Page created in 18.78 seconds with 41 queries.

Page created in 35.702 seconds with 22 queries.

Page created in 13.361 seconds with 23 queries.

These are all the second line up from the bottom of the page, and as I understand it, the time is how long it took the server to build the page, and has nothing to do with network latency between my computer and the server.

Is this correct? If so, it's showing some serious service degradation.
Tony

'...things are not done by those who sit down to count the cost of every thought and act.' - Sir Daniel Gooch of IKB

ntpntpntp

It has been noticeably slow response today
Nick.   2021 celebrating the 25th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50050.0

Newportnobby

And there was me blaming myself this morning on the basis if I even think "I have a spare hour so I'll hop on the forum" it slows so much I get naff all accomplished

Bealman

7.47am Tues here in Australia, and the forum is belting along  ???
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

guest311

I knew there was a reason the aussies dealt so forcefully with covid,
now we know why
they get fast forum, we get ... errr... a bit slower forum. :smiley-laughing:

PGN

It's been exceedingly slow for me for several days now.

We've just upgraded from a 2 Mbps link to a 60+ Mbps link ... but this site is still glacially slow and regularly timing out on me
Pre-Grouping: the best of all possible worlds!

I would rather build a model which is wrong but "looks right" than a model which is right but "looks wrong".

Tank

Hi all,

It seems fine for me at the moment, but I know it has times where it is painfully slow.  We'll work on some maintenance soon to see if that helps.  Annoyingly, it's the way that the forum is set up that's slowing it all down at times, and not the actual server.  I'm waiting on an upgrade to come out to hopefully change things - which will also have its own problems, as upgrades often do!

Thanks,
Chris/Tank.

guest311

better a slow forum than no forum  :thumbsup:

Trainfish

Seems fine here in Devizes  :thumbsup:

I think the whole interweb is a bit slow at the moment due to all those pesky kids working from home. Now if only Boris would send them back to skool. Oh  :goggleeyes:
John

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

See my latest Youtube video                          >>>>>>>> here <<<<<<<<         
See a random video of mine                           >>>>>>>> here <<<<<<<<         
An even older random video of mine             >>>>>>>> here <<<<<<<<

PGN

Quote from: Trainfish on February 23, 2021, 01:28:52 PM
Now if only Boris would send them back to skool.

Not wanting to get political, but ... did anyone notice how, when it was announced that it was safe to send the kids back to school because even if they do get it they only tend to suffer mild symptoms, nobody seems to have given any thought to prioritise us teachers in the 50 - 60 age group, who will have to mix with them, for OUR jabs??

I would rather build a model which is wrong but "looks right" than a model which is right but "looks wrong".

Trainfish

But isn't that age group being jabbed at the moment anyway? I'm 56 (I know, I only look 26) and was jabbed today  :thumbsup:
John

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

PGN

Well, they've not worked their way down to us 53 year olds yet ... or if they HAVE, no one's bothered telling ME about it ...

Trainfish

Maybe you're not fat enough as that's how I think I got in  :laugh3:

Joking aside though they reckon Wiltshire is way ahead of most in the UK.

Anyway, back on topic, the forum seems to be flying along now. Maybe all the kids have gone out to play football on the street corner, kerbies etc, just like we used to do  :doh:
John

<*))))><

Dorsetmike

Can somebody feed the hamster, or remove the treacle that is clogging up the lines, forum is running very slow again.
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

GrahamB

It seems to be better now. I think they were training a new hamster.
Tonbridge MRC Member.
My Southwark Bridge thread can be found at https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38683.0
My Southwark Bridge website can be found at https://southwarkbridge.wixsite.com/ngauge

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £67.34
Below Goal: £32.66
Site Currency: GBP
67% 
March Donations