13 Miles of Track - I kid you not !!

Started by swisstony, September 06, 2012, 09:29:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidjhope

Makes me feel like packing up and crawling under a rock.
What a layout.
:o

trainsdownunder

Nice to view, but I'm actually not jealous. Too much to look after. Imagine all that wheel cleaning.

I think I'd rather have something like Bekonscott or this as I do US lines.
http://youtu.be/ESwDbeQyF1A

Kipper

Fantastic range of locos and rolling stock, and all of the cameos, road vehicles and scenery. The people who work there are very, very lucky to have such a job.

longbridge

The detail and scenes of this layout are second to none and its hard to believe that that so much has been created in such a short time, totally captivating.
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

moogle

Miniatur Wunderland  :drool:   8)
Been there, seen it, wouldn't hesitate to go again!  :bounce:
Well worth it, took a whole day to see properly and they've expanded it since I went!  :o

Word of warning though: once you buy your tickets you have to go through the shop.
Resist all temptation to look/browse/buy until you've been round the exhibition and had lunch in the excellent restaurant.
I did  :angel: Wasn't easy though with all those tempting goodies...  :laugh3:
Personal motto: You don't have to be mad to be a modeller, but I find it helps!

My Irish layout here

My Edwardian Seaside Layout here

My Backscene painting tutorial here

tim-pelican

I've been trying to find a meeting I need to attend in our Hamburg office ever since I found out about Miniatur Wunderland :)

Agrippa

A most impressive display, what size is the fiddle yard?

The cruise liner Aida , shown at 1.05 was at Invergordon in June.
Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

scotsoft

Quote from: Agrippa on September 06, 2012, 04:25:16 PM
A most impressive display, what size is the fiddle yard?
I believe it straddlesvarious  :smiley-laughing:  :smiley-laughing:

The cruise liner Aida , shown at 1.05 was at Invergordon in June.

Sprintex

Quote from: trainsdownunder on September 06, 2012, 10:27:09 AMImagine all that wheel cleaning.

Don't know about wheel-cleaning but here's a video of the track cleaning and it's all done by hand - seventeen people and three days!  :goggleeyes:

MiWuLa TV Report: Gleise putzen auf der Modellbahn Miniatur Wunderland

There was a very good feature on "How Do They Do It" on Discovery about the model airport showing how it operates, including all the airport vehicles that go off to a hidden recharging station all on their own when the onboard batteries are getting low  :thumbsup: All the planes are scratchbuilt too so they can include all the technology. Mrs Sprintex was speechless  :D

Paul

trainsdownunder

Whilst the airport was being built it was possible to follow a video diary on You Tube detailing all of the work from early on tho the grand opening by Niki Lauda. I did follow it for the last few months and found some of the extra details they covered engrossing.

There are also some videos released covering scenic detail etc that are well worth watching and the Christmas advent calendar 2012 they produced on the web site was great fun. Hopefully they'll repeat this again.

There main site runs a forum for those that are interested

Please Support Us!
June Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: £0.00
Below Goal: £100.00
Site Currency: GBP
 0%