N Gauge Now magazine

Started by Newportnobby, December 13, 2022, 03:09:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

The last of my current subscriptions (Issue 32 Winter 2022/23) dropped through my letter box and, after some deliberation, I subscribed to the next 4 issues.
Not for the news, as this comes to fora like this one fast enough for me and next fastest is maybe N Gauge News website. Mags like this have deadlines to meet and so news is easily missed until the next issue and by then it's old hat.
Not for the pics, as although quality has improved a bit (IMHO) they're still not up to the monthlies.
But they do really good in depth features on aspects of the prototype such as this month's "Post Haste - moving mail by rail", certain types of models (this month it's brake vans) and New Model Focus (this month it's EMUs BR's MK3 generation).
These are but some of the contents of Issue 32 and I commend the mag to the house

Tank

I think the quality of the photos has improved a lot since it first started.  A valiant effort for a one person to put together, and I really enjoy them when they drop through the letterbox.

GAD

I too have just renewed for 23. I rather like its quirky style.

Firstone18

having got fed up with very little N Gauge content in the longer running magazines, I started with N Gauge Now from issue 1, and have never regretted it. IMO it is the best large format magazine for N. I have my N Gauges society journal as an electronic copy, so I can see the pictures on a big screen - much better now my eyes are not as good as they used to be.  I am also a big fan of Grahaeme Hedges' magazines which can be found on eBay, or on page 11 of the recent N Gauge Now magazine. I congratulate both gents on a superb effort to support us N Gaugers!
Cheers. :beers:
Finally, after waiting over 55 years I am building a permanent layout in a purpose built shed!

Please Support Us!
June Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: £0.00
Below Goal: £100.00
Site Currency: GBP
 0%