Gaugemaster Collection - RailAdventure HST Power Cars Pair

Started by TRXsouth, December 06, 2022, 05:24:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TRXsouth

In recent days, I had received Gaugemaster and Hatton's newsletters announcing the GM Collection GM2210304 Class 43 RailAdventure HST Power Cars Pair. The illustration shows both cars in RA grey livery with N gauge couplers only at the inner ends, and nothing under the buffered cab ends.

My understanding is that RA has purchased eight power cars, of which six will operate back to back forming three double locomotives to tow their own translator cars attached to rolling stock, with spare parts coming from the remaining two. Surely GM/Dapol are not intending to produce the pair without cab end N gauge couplers?

njee20

I'd noticed as much. There's no mechanism for attaching a coupling to the front of a Dapol HST. The overhang is massive; a bogie mounted coupling would be far too long, and I can't see them totally retooling for a body-mounted coupling so I'd say, yes, that's exactly how they're supplying them. Means you can run them as a pair, but yeah, basically precludes hauling anything.

Adam1701D

We are aware of the lack of an end coupling and are working with China on a solution. More news when I have it.
Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

TRXsouth

Adam - Thank you for your rapid response - it is encouraging to read that the cab end couplers issue has been recognised. I hope that there will be a successful resolution to facilitate the flexible use of these double power cars on layouts.

Also, given Dapol's power cars, is there the possibility of them producing a run of their Cargowaggon Habfis sliding wall wagon in RA livery for use as translator cars? This would provide a UK 1:148 version, against the existing Hobbytrain and Arnold 1:160 versions - !!

Skyline2uk

A great example of having an active member of the forum directly involved in the development of a manufacture's product.

Thanks to @captainelectra there is hope the N gauge version of these can avoid the exact problem the Hornby 00 ones appear to have been delivered with, much to the annoyance of customers.

Skyline2uk

Adam1701D

Pleased to announce that we have the go-ahead to tool the buffered power cars with a front coupling - this will be available on all subsequent releases.

We are also getting a new tool made for the gangwayed end to remove the guard's window from next to the gangway on more modern versions.
Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

TRXsouth

Adam -
Great news that the power cab ends will now have couplings. With new tooling necessary, any idea of an availability timescale?

Please Support Us!
June Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: £0.00
Below Goal: £100.00
Site Currency: GBP
 0%