Storm Eunice

Started by Newportnobby, February 18, 2022, 12:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crewearpley40

Was this person on Preston mick ? Glad I missed the chaos https://www.railadvent.co.uk/2022/02/preston-station-closed-as-roof-panels-come-loose.html         yes been out this morning clearing a tree that missed the carriage shed at work but destroyed a fence and took the OHLE down.

Newportnobby

Preston station (which I like very much) was on national news today with the story Chris posted above. I feel sorry for anyone who had to go up on the roof. Even now we are getting 40-45 mile an hour winds and hailstones.

GlenEglise

Quote from: Trainfish on February 18, 2022, 04:19:59 PM
Apparently this is/was a stable in Pewsey just down the road from me:

Doesn't look very stable to me  :goggleeyes:

Neigh lad!

Newportnobby

Not a breath of wind here now but it is snowing. I can't see it amounting to anything as the ground is just too wet.

guest311

still got winds of nearly 30mph, with gusts forecast up to 50mph over the next few hours, with heavy rain due in the next hour or so.

yellow warning for wind, that's much better than yesterdays red warning, but we didn't have the rain yesterday.

paulbeckwith

where  are  the  horses     ??????

Trainfish

They are safe in the pub now  :thumbsup: :beers:

John

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

guest311

Quote from: Newportnobby on February 18, 2022, 08:56:06 PM
And fresh off the teleprinter.......................

isn't that the ITV reporter who does the NHS reports, always looks as though she'e been doing the ton on a harley with no helmet  :-[

Newportnobby

And so the winds continue. 40-50mph with gusts to 70mph or so right through until at least Monday lunchtime. Personally, I'd brand it a winter storm but it seems no one can be arsbothered to give it a name. It's certainly not going to help those folks repairing damage from Eunice.

tutenkhamunsleeping

Quote from: Newportnobby on February 20, 2022, 09:57:43 AM
I'd brand it a winter storm but it seems no one can be arsbothered to give it a name.

Storm DontGetTheBarbieOutYet :P

guest311

apparently now been named Franklin

TrevL

My local rag has said the met office have christened it "Storm Franklin", with it's peak in my area between 3am and 7am Monday the 21st.  65knots allegedly.
Cheers, Trev.

Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

guest311

our max forecast is gusts of 59 around 19:00.

seems we peak earlier in sussex

Papyrus

Bit late to the party on this one, but here is the weather report from Papyrus Towers, now that we've got our internet back:

Our power went off 1130 on Friday, but fortunately we have a gas hob, so at least we were able to have hot food. By late afternoon it was still off, and a neighbour had got hold of a website which was saying we wouldn't get it back till midnight. Bearing in mind the panic we had the last time we lost power (3 days!), we decided to prevail upon our son and daughter-in-law in Hove to let us put the contents of our freezer in their half-empty chest freezer. The power was eventually restored about 7pm, so yesterday morning I was all ready to go and get our frozen stuff back. For various reasons, I was unable to go until the afternoon, which was just as well as by that time the power was off again! Not quite so long this time, 5.5 hours, but long enough, although we heard that neighbouring villages were without power all night and the next day. I brought the food back this morning... and the lights went out again! Only for a short time this time, fortunately, but it's still blowing a hoolie out there. Not much physical damage around here, just a few branches off trees, but it's all been jolly exciting... One of the dogs is a bit out of sorts though - she finds bad weather worrying.

I'm getting too old for all this excitement.

Cheers,

Chris

Newportnobby

Oh dear, Chris. I read your last sentence as "I'm getting too old for all this excrement" :-[

Please Support Us!
June Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: £0.00
Below Goal: £100.00
Site Currency: GBP
 0%