Repainted Virgin Dapol 220 Voyager

Started by guest2, March 18, 2011, 08:42:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

D306Whistler

I like the Voyager mate. Tank, have you ever thought about doing a Farish Class 60 in NSE livery? ;D.
Check out my YouTube channel here
My Flickr Transport & Model Railway Gallery!

If you say "pls" because its shorter than "please", I will say "no" because its shorter than "yes" :P.

Tank

Great idea! I'm on my next project of a Class 166, but I'll add a Class 60 to my want list. :thumbsup:

Adam1701D

Good news, my new stocks of vinyl arrived this afternoon. They have changed from GPO to courier delivery, so this time Grappa, our "cute" little Staffie (see avatar) didn't get tooth marks in the packet.
Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

REFaust

Quote from: Tank on March 20, 2011, 04:31:54 PM
I PM'd you yesterday telling you that I'd updated the above....didn't you get it?!   ???   ;D  Make sure you post pictures of your new projects. :beers:

Yes sorry, a couple of busy days at work so I haven't visited...why does real life have to interfere with modelling, eh lol

Thanks for the step by step..very instuctional. Can I asked how you painted the tops of the vinyls so neatly..did you mask them?

R E Faust

Tank

No I didn't - I thought about it, but just cracked on with doing them.  I just did them by freehand with a modelling good brush - I can't think of the name of it at the moment. :-\  :thumbsup:

Tank

I have just applied the end flashes today, so the unit is finished.  Here are two shots of it...

4x2

Great job tank !  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Those vinyls by captainelectra are superb, i wouldn't want to try and spray NSE livery on such an expensive model... i'd be bound to mess it up  ::)
If it's got rails... you have my full, undivided attention - Steam, diesel and electric, 'tis all good !

Mike

BobB

Do you fancy doing a Blue/grey with full yellow ends extending down the sides as in the original HST style ? I'll pay but not to much !

Duncan83

WOW  :thumbsup: Really want to give this ago.

Dunk

Tank

Thanks for the kind comments chaps.  It's funny how an old thread can come back to life!

4x2 -  I was ever so grateful when Adam made the vinyls for me.  Part of the fun is having something expensive, and wondering if it will turn out ok!  :)  I'm sure anyone could do it, as the vinyls do the hardest part with the lines, but you just have to hide the edges of the vinyls.

BobB -  Thanks for the compliment!  I'm afraid that I just don't have the time, what with this forum, work and family life.  It's taken me a year and a half to just find the time to make my own baseboards, and produce a handful of models for myself. :thumbsdown:  I'm sure you could do it, as I'm no professional!

Dunk -  Many thanks.  What livery would you choose?

Pengi

I must say I'm getting more and more tempted by this. Thinking about a Voyager in white South West Trains livery (which would look fantastic) and also in Southern - which could look sensational or awful.
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

michael

Quote from: 4x2 on April 30, 2012, 01:04:46 PM

Those vinyls by captainelectra are superb, i wouldn't want to try and spray NSE livery on such an expensive model... i'd be bound to mess it up  ::)

Hows this? Its a mixture of airbrush and Fox transfers, not to take anything away from CE of course!

Duncan83

Sounds silly but i would love to see the early 90`s Scotrail colours on a class 73.... why i have no idea but just been on Electra graphics website and found That there is a sealink coach " These colourful Mark 1 coaches were used on the Glasgow - Stranraer boat train between 1982 and 1986 and could often be seen around the network on specials or relief services" would be nice todo a class 33 in these colours as well  ::)

GWR-Kris

i would be too scared to do that to a loco lol. that looks very good. 10/10,

4x2

Quote from: michael on April 30, 2012, 08:42:06 PM
Quote from: 4x2 on April 30, 2012, 01:04:46 PM

Hows this? Its a mixture of airbrush and Fox transfers, not to take anything away from CE of course!

Very nice !  :thumbsup:
If it's got rails... you have my full, undivided attention - Steam, diesel and electric, 'tis all good !

Mike

Please Support Us!
June Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: £20.00
Below Goal: £80.00
Site Currency: GBP
20% 
June Donations