!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Tram Tracks  (Read 778 times)

Offline swanmark

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Tram Tracks
« on: March 18, 2011, 09:29:37 AM »
Hi Guys, in my layout I am building a sort of Swiss town to which I want to add a tram running around the town, can anyone suggest the best track for this, I realise that N gauge track wont give me the tight radius I need, I have seen some different types of track like Tomix 3076 Track Kit and  Wide Tram Super-mini Rail Oval Layout Set - Tomix 91085, anyone know anything about these kits I know they are only suitable for Tomix track, or anyone have any better ideas, is there a type of kit which will make ordinary N gauge track look like tram lines, any help appreciated, thanks.

Offline Lawrence

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • N Gauge Society Number: Closed
    • Awards
Re: Tram Tracks
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2011, 09:41:23 AM »
Kato have their range of Unitram stuff too, certainly not a cheap option though.  I have seen normal track used and in-filled with card with cobble paper stuck on top, or even the thin foamboard.  All that looks fine ( a lot of work but the cheaper option) until you get to using points where it doesn't quite work  ::)

The Tomix & Kato stuff works really well, if you have the wallet for it  :-\

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £60.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £95.00
Above Goal: £35.00
Site Currency: GBP
158% 
May Donations

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal