N Gauge Forum - 10 Year Anniversary!

Started by Tank, November 15, 2020, 12:50:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chetcombe

Like many others I just checked when I joined the forum and it was November 21st 2011, so 9 years to the day!

I echo each and every comment in this thread. A huge thanks to @Tank for giving N Gauge a voice. And a huge thanks to everyone I have interacted with, your help and support has been immense and inspirational. Being based a long way from the UK, my opportunities to meet with forum members face to face has been limited. But even in farflung Pennsylvania, a couple of us have had a chance to meet up and help each other.

Here's to the next 10 years!
Mike

See my layout here Chetcombe
Videos of Chetcombe on YouTube

Ashio

Here here. Well done for your venture and here's to the next 10!  :beers:
Berescombe - 1930's fictional GWR build: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=31337.0

Skyline2uk

I know I have already posted on this thread but I wanted to add something else:

Yesterday I posted a request for info / possible purchase of some specific NEM couplings.

Within minutes two members replied offering their spares.

This morning the required couplings are in the post heading towards the Skyline residence. Free of charge.

This is probably the fourth time this has happened (I shall do what I always do, make a donation to the Forum) since I have been a member.

This is a great place.

Thanks @GScaleBruce
Thanks @Tank

:NGF:

Skyline2uk

acko22

Well ten years, what can be said that hasn't already been said?

Apart from your hard work in setting up the forum @Tank  and the work of the mods has made the forum a complete success!

So all I can really say is congrats and thank you and for 10 more years "at least"!!
Mechanical issues can be solved with a hammer and electrical problems can be solved with a screw driver. Beyond that it's verbal abuse which makes trains work!!

QLD KID

G'day Tank,

It is with great pleasure I offer my humble but sincere congratulations on achieving your 10 year milestone.
May I also wish everyone in your amazing and beautiful Country the best Christmas and New Year possible.
Let us Pray you rid yourselves of that Insidious and Vile COVID19 Disease in 2021 and Life returns to normal ASAP.
Cheers, :beers: from Australia. Denis.
Never take Life too serious we are never going to make it out alive.

Bealman

Hi there, Denis!

Wondered where you'd got to!  :wave:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

port perran

Quote from: QLD KID on November 29, 2020, 06:43:20 AM
G'day Tank,

It is with great pleasure I offer my humble but sincere congratulations on achieving your 10 year milestone.
May I also wish everyone in your amazing and beautiful Country the best Christmas and New Year possible.
Let us Pray you rid yourselves of that Insidious and Vile COVID19 Disease in 2021 and Life returns to normal ASAP.
Cheers, :beers: from Australia. Denis.

Nice to see you posting Dennis.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Leon

Tank, thanks for creating this site and for your dedication to it. I've wondered many times who this guy "Tank" is and how the Forum came into being. This thread has answered questions for which I'm grateful. I've read every post in the thread and was pleased to see many familiar ID's. My time following the Forum is rather limited, but it is a regular part of my day.

For my part. the NGF is far more valuable than the NGS, although the latter deserves support for their promotion of N Gauge. I have always assumed there to be some relationship between NGS and NGF, but apparently I was wrong.

There are too many people for me to acknowledge for the support provided to me so let me just say thank you to all.

Leon
"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." - Maya Angelou

"A well-read man is defined not for how much he's read but by what he's read!" - an old man

Tank

WOW!  So many amazing messages.   :thumbsup:

I'm sorry that I can't reply to you all, but I really want to say THANK YOU for all of your very kind words.  I'm overjoyed that so many of you are happy with the forum and the way it's run.  Of course, you're all a big part of that as well.....but I just have the big red button to kick out the naughty ones!   ;) ;D

A great idea about a 10 Year Anniversary wagon/van, and the mugs.  I'll certainly start making enquiries this weekend, and will design the mugs.

:NGaugersRule:

Jim Easterbrook

Quote from: Tank on December 02, 2020, 08:25:23 PM
I just have the big red button to kick out the naughty ones!   ;) ;D

Does it start a clock that then counts down to one second before it stops?
Jim Easterbrook
"I'm an engineer, not an artist!"
"Amoro, emptio, utiliso!"
Personal website. / Photos on Flickr. / Blog.

emjaybee

Quote from: Tank on December 02, 2020, 08:25:23 PM
WOW!  So many amazing messages.   :thumbsup:

I'm sorry that I can't reply to you all, but I really want to say THANK YOU for all of your very kind words.  I'm overjoyed that so many of you are happy with the forum and the way it's run.  Of course, you're all a big part of that as well.....but I just have the big red button to kick out the naughty ones!   ;) ;D

A great idea about a 10 Year Anniversary wagon/van, and the mugs.  I'll certainly start making enquiries this weekend, and will design the mugs.

:NGaugersRule:

I like the idea of a commemorative wagon...

...as long as it's not a 'Aquafresh' version!
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Rowlie

Thank you @Tank for creating this forum and with the mods and contributors for making it a such a friendly, informative and helpful place. Here's to many more years of success for this forum.
Best regards
Rowlie

R Marshall

Tank,

It's great to have a Forum which is just for N Gauge.

It's well organised, so I can find the things I want pretty well.

Seasons Greetings,

Roy

Swindon69

As a total novice to the world of n gauge this forum has been great, very welcoming and helpful.

Innovationgame

Gosh!  I've just checked and I've been a member for over seven years.  It's been brilliant!  All I can say is TANKS A MILLION!
With kind regards
Laurence
My personal website is a bit of a mish mash: www.innovationgame.com
Coventry Corporation Transport Society: www.cct-society.org.uk
Hessle: www.hessle.org.uk

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77%