mk3 tgs western region blue / grey

Started by bluedepot, October 21, 2020, 11:49:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluedepot

hi

i bought the new release of the western region intercity 125 in blue / grey.

can you buy a western region blue / grey mk3 tgs to go with it?  if anyone knows or has one for sale please let me know.

i have tried a lot of shops online but it seems that Dapol 2P-005-061 BR Mk3 TGS Blue/Grey Western Region 44031 is not available anywhere - and may have actually been cancelled by Dapol.

just trying to find out if i should wait or buy an eastern region one instead!

cheers

tim

Steven B

2P-005-061 (W44031) was released in 2016 so you'll probably be looking for second hand models.

The TGS weren't built between 1980 & 1982 so if you're running trains up to those years then you don't need one and should use a standard TS instead.

I'm guessing Dapol will re-run the blue/Grey TGS with a Western Region number at some point. Until then, I'd do without or use an Eastern Region numbered one instead.

Steven B.

bluedepot

thanks steven!  that explains why no shops have it in stock!

cheers

tim

CaleyDave

I think Box set 2D-019-010 with two western region power cars is supposed to be due soon? Hopefully a TGS will follow separately. If I remember correctly this set originally was supposed to include a TGS but this was changed after after complaints from those who wanted to model the HST pre TGS.

E44098 was the Dedicated Edinburgh Craigentinny spare coach (wonder why it was E and not Sc buts that's a BR problem)
If you fancy re numbering it I would recommend W44099 which was the Dedicated Old Oak Common Spare.
(The Western region converted
Both 98 and 99 were late repaints an I believe skip Intercity Executive and went straight from Inter-city Blue to INTERCITY Swallow.

Alternatively
The western region and west of England sets had TGS 44000-44040, haphazardly at first then later were reformed so the set number matched the TGS number below 40 eg
In 1985 253001 had 44001
Set 253041 had 44000
This is a very rough guide as the TGS (and Cross Country sets) arrived in time for the sets all being reshuffled between 253 and 254 as funding had dried up with BR having to fight for even a small number of additional sets.

If you are after a specific number for re numbering give us a shout and I can check the platform 5 books. :)

Please Support Us!
June Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: £0.00
Below Goal: £100.00
Site Currency: GBP
 0%