What would you do, if anything.

Started by TrevL, July 31, 2020, 08:57:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrevL

My neighbour ,who I get on well with, is having some work done to her chimney.  Naturally, scaffolding has been put up for safeties sake.  However, this is now shielding my Sky dish and I can't get anything.  I told the scaffolders about it, but they just shrugged their shoulders and said it would only be a couple of days.  I told the neighbour and she was not aware there was a problem.  She told me they were not even starting the chimney 'til Monday, and was expecting the work to be finished by next Friday, a full eight days I'm paying for a service which I cannot get.
I'm torn really, never had an issue with any neighbour before, so all new stuff to me.  Your sage advice would be appreciated.
Cheers, Trev.

Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

ntpntpntp

Unfortunate but safety comes first. You've mentioned it to the neighbour, not much else you can do. Not worth falling out over it.

Just have to watch Freeview or internet TV instead?

Nick.   2021 celebrating the 25th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50050.0

emjaybee

Sorry bloke, I think you'll just have to suck it up for the week.

Welcome to paupers TV.
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

njee20

Not worth falling out with neighbours over. Netflix free trial.

Snowwolflair

Is she young and pretty, if so will she share her TV couch.

Lateral thinking  8)

zwilnik

Doesn't Sky subscription come with online viewing as standard? Assuming it does, switch to the Sky app and either watch on your computer or stream it to your TV. Still an annoyance but better than falling out with a neighbour.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations