!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Coronavirus and models.  (Read 4016 times)

Offline Bob Tidbury

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Facebook
    • YouTube
    • Awards
Re: Coronavirus and models.
« Reply #105 on: March 19, 2020, 03:17:42 PM »
My son has a lot of packages throughout the week so he has bought a SMART MAIL BOX this has a flap that the courier opens on the flap is a barcode which they can scan as proof of delivery or if they canít scan they can put the last three digits in .
But it appears that even though the packets are marked quite clearly
Smart Box to the left of front door
Followed by his name and the full address we still have couriers knock on the door or ring the bell .I showed one driver the huge box on the wall and pointed out the address that was clearly on the package ,all he said was ere you are and shoved it in my hand he didnít even ask for the required signature .
When will courier firms employ staff with common sense ,they must be able to read otherwise the parcel would t have got to the front door .
Bob Tidbury

Offline emjaybee

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • N Gauge Society Number: Yes
  • 2mm Association Number: No
  • Grumpy, and proud.
    • Awards
Re: Coronavirus and models.
« Reply #106 on: March 19, 2020, 04:24:17 PM »
We've had a Smart Parcel Box for about a year.

Unfortunately, NONE of the courier companies are equipped with the technology to utilise the unique bar code.

It took our regular postie about two months of leaving the post on THE TOP of it, because he couldn't get the door open, and me showing him the lift up lid before we got any benefit.

:smackedface:

It has been worth it, I'm making significantly less 40 minute round trips to collect parcels.

Royal Fail and ParcelFarce are STILL refusing to accept a secure box with a unique bar code as a suitable alternative to a signature.

::)
Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Please Support Us!
June Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: £52.00
Below Goal: £48.00
Site Currency: GBP