!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Storm Dennis A380 Landing!  (Read 1880 times)

Offline JonHarbour

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 18965
  • 2mm Association Number: 4667
    • Awards
Re: Storm Dennis A380 Landing!
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2020, 01:15:41 AM »
The Emirati lady A380 pilot for Etihad  (Aisha Al-Mansouri) is an absolute poster-girl in the UAE. Why wouldn't she be?  She's a great example for the country and its attitude to women in the workforce. There's an interesting article from the Gulf News newspaper here. When I worked there (roughly 20 years ago  :goggleeyes: ), female Emiratis were only starting to make their way into the workforce. The ones I worked with were every bit as good as their male counterparts and were probably a little keener - they wanted to 'prove' they could do the job well - and they did!

There were some interesting side effects of them entering the work force. When I was single, none of them would speak to me directly in case their reputation was questioned - if they need to speak to me, they always brought a 'chaperone' with them! Once the word got out I was getting married, their attitude changed completely, since I was now considered 'safe'!
« Last Edit: February 19, 2020, 01:18:56 AM by JonHarbour »
Still planning a layout...

Offline Bob Tidbury

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Facebook
    • YouTube
    • Awards
Re: Storm Dennis A380 Landing!
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2020, 01:25:03 PM »
Sorry Mr Sprue I thought he was a pilot with Eliad it was quite a few years ago and I donít have his message to me with flight details .
Bob Tidbury

Please Support Us!
June Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: £52.00
Below Goal: £48.00
Site Currency: GBP
52% 
June Donations

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal