!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: that time of year  (Read 162 times)

Offline class37025

• Trade Count: (+33)
    • Awards
that time of year
« on: September 06, 2019, 06:14:20 PM »
so, SWMBO has asked me what I would like for my xmas present .... :hmmm:

she does not usually include railway items, but has this year.....

so, should I ask for a Dapol large logo class 50, in spite of my misgivings about their quality, or lower my sights ?

https://www.hattons.co.uk/58894/dapol_2d_002_002_class_50_50040_leviathan_in_br_large_logo_blue/stockdetail.aspx

does look nice, and my rule 1 timetable does call for cl 50s arriving at Inverknockie, but ....

typed by fur box mechanic - dictated by brain on a chain

Offline RailGooner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 17356
  • I'm supporting Soldier F
    • Ebay
    • Awards
Re: that time of year
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2019, 06:20:29 PM »
Wait for the reviews to come in if you have doubts.
We are indebted to those soldiers who served with courage and distinction to bring peace to Northern Ireland, UK Defence Secretary Gavin Williamson said. The welfare of our former service personnel is of the utmost importance.

Per Ardua ad Astra | Mens Agitat Molem | Victoria Concordia Crescit | Utrinque Paratus | Caveat lector

Offline njee20

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22598
    • Awards
Re: that time of year
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2019, 07:52:25 PM »
Yep, given Christmas is still miles off Id wait and see. Risk is that they sell out.

Given the 68 was a quantum leap in quality, and the 50 appears to follow that mould, Id not be too concerned about quality myself.

Please Support Us!
September Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Total Receipts: £30.00
Below Goal: £25.00
Site Currency: GBP
55% 
September Donations

anything