Tonight I 'as been mostly.......................

Started by Alex, March 08, 2012, 09:52:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex

...............making Strawberry jam....mmmmm, just the way my Granny taught me.

Alex :wave:

Sprintex

Using N gauge strawberries I hope?  ::)  ;D

Paul

Alex

Of course, but the muppet of a farmer used triple strength Growmore so you only get one berry per wagon load.  :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing:

Sprintex

Jack

Quote from: Alex on July 18, 2012, 06:58:03 PM
Of course, but the muppet of a farmer used triple strength Growmore so you only get one berry per wagon load.  :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing:

Just be glad you're making strawberry jam and not orange marmalade!!   :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing:
Today's Experts were yesterday's Beginners :)

SymonC

Just finished making a Metcalfe Low Relief Cinema : http://www.metcalfemodels.com/low-relief-cinema-and-two-shops and now just about to start on a Metcalfe Signal Box kit : http://www.metcalfemodels.com/signal-box-set

Both of which I accidentally purchased when I accidentally happened to be in Faversham earlier today and accidentally went into The Hobby Shop http://www.hobb-e-mail.com/  ;D

Kipper

Whilst buying more coach wheels, I also bought a pack of wagon wheels (not the choccy type!), to upgrade any of my goods wagons that needed them. Re-wheeled my brake coach OK, plus all my wagons, with only one left - strangely left till last. The wagon is a Peco BR Southern Region ferry wagon - out of period on my Southern Railway, and bought me by a friend. Removing the original plastic axles was fairly easy, although the frame sides were not very pliable, but putting the new metal axles in was a pain. Finally did it, put it on the track and, unlike the others which wizzed round with a slight push, this refused to roll, but just slid along the track. I can move the wheels by hand, but they do not spin. Will now have to put the original axles back in - if I can get the new ones out. Examination of the old and new axles shows the pointy bits to be longer in the metal than the plastic, hence the binding.

Oldman

Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

Newportnobby

......watching the programme about High Speed Trains recommended by Pendy.
Cheers for that, Pendy :thumbsup:

scruff

:( only caught the last 20 seconds..

Bloomin soap opera's.. pah! :thumbsdown:

Mark

Pengi

If you are quick, you can catch it on Channel 5 + 1 (which is channel 44 in my region)
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

scruff

I wish.. SWMBO is watching a segal film.. and she has the remote.. but I got  :NGaugeForum: :computersmile:

Cheers

Mark

moogle

Quote from: scruff on July 18, 2012, 09:30:50 PM
I wish.. SWMBO is watching a segal film.. and she has the remote.. but I got  :NGaugeForum: :computersmile:

Cheers

Mark

Don't worry, it'll be on 5's website to watch.
I only watch things I want online - but then I don't have a telly!  ;D

Tonight I've been filtering and bottling 5 gallons of orange and grapefruit wine.
I've now got 36 bottles of it!  :P

:beers:
Personal motto: You don't have to be mad to be a modeller, but I find it helps!

My Irish layout here

My Edwardian Seaside Layout here

My Backscene painting tutorial here

Kipper

Now I understand your avatar! It's you after a good night's test tasting.

H

Quote from: scruff on July 18, 2012, 09:03:20 PM

Bloomin soap opera's.. pah!

You need to stop watching them then - especially if you don't like 'em.

:smiley-laughing:

H.

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £100.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £90.67
Below Goal: £9.33
Site Currency: GBP
91% 
May Donations