A British domestic train from Kato? 800 series available from May 2021

Started by woodbury22uk, February 09, 2019, 10:39:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ski, jpendle, geoffc, paulbeckwith, bigdawgks, ADMR, Roy L S and 15 Guests are viewing this topic.

ScottishModeller

Quote from: Hightower on September 13, 2025, 02:42:41 PMIf you didn't see it on the TINGS thread, new versions inbound:

https://tinyurl.com/t2y6m2ma
Looking forward to getting a pair of LUMO versions!

Not sure if I heard Mr Kato correctly on the expected dates.....

Christmas this year!

Phil H
Thanks
Phil Holman

Hightower

Quote from: ScottishModeller

Not sure if I heard Mr Kato correctly on the expected dates.....

Christmas this year!

Phil H
/quote]

Oh wow. With prices TBC I'd assumed they were a fair way off.

I'll probably go for a TPE and a Lumo.

jpendle

Check out my layout thread.

Contemporary NW (Wigan Wallgate and North Western)

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=39501.msg476247#msg476247

And my Automation Thread

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=52597.msg687934#msg687934

woodbury22uk

Quote from: ScottishModeller on September 13, 2025, 03:01:00 PM
Quote from: Hightower on September 13, 2025, 02:42:41 PMIf you didn't see it on the TINGS thread, new versions inbound:

https://tinyurl.com/t2y6m2ma
Looking forward to getting a pair of LUMO versions!

Not sure if I heard Mr Kato correctly on the expected dates.....

Christmas this year!

Phil H

The posters said Spring/Summer 2026.
Mike

PLD

An obvious but welcome development.

Will be interesting to see how closely they represent the variations - the TP 802/2 and HT 802/3 are the same externally but the interior layout is different.
The Hull Trains livery is also a potential trap - the colour band is different on every one of the units,so need to pick one identity and customise

I resisted the Revolution 180 in Hull Trains colours (hateful unreliable units), but could be more tempted by one of these.
Hull Model Railway Show: 5 & 6  June 2027
https://hullmodelrailwayshow.blogspot.com

Shropshire Lad

Kato have said in their press release that the existing mouldings will be used with the agreement of the Train Operators.
Cheers Colin

woodbury22uk

At the NEC show today there was a poster confirming the Avanti 5 car Class 805 will be added to the range in Summer/Autumn 2026.

Mike

njee20


Adam1701D

Quote from: PLD on September 13, 2025, 06:52:55 PMAn obvious but welcome development.

Will be interesting to see how closely they represent the variations - the TP 802/2 and HT 802/3 are the same externally but the interior layout is different.
The Hull Trains livery is also a potential trap - the colour band is different on every one of the units,so need to pick one identity and customise

I resisted the Revolution 180 in Hull Trains colours (hateful unreliable units), but could be more tempted by one of these.

The coloured bands on the Hull Trains 802s are different on each coach but the same across all units. The exception is 802305, which carries a monochrome version of the stripes and 21st Anniversary logos.

HT were really helpful in my Electra days and kindly sent the full artworks.
Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

Nbodger

Hull Trains 802305 Humber Bridge no longer carries he monochrome stripes and now has the full colour versions.

Ski

I know this is an older thread, but thought I would still post it here. I had previously acquired a first run factory sound equipped 9 car Azuma set, but the sounds seem to be set for GWR, not LNER. Is there a CV setting that exists to switch this? I am guessing it's the Zimo sound decoder and I can't find a CV mapping sheet for this particular installation.

Cheers.

ntpntpntp

Quote from: Ski on Today at 04:48:41 PM... a first run factory sound equipped 9 car Azuma set, but the sounds seem to be set for GWR, not LNER.
How can you tell, what's the difference?
Nick.   2026 celebrating the 30th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50050.0

jpendle

Check out my layout thread.

Contemporary NW (Wigan Wallgate and North Western)

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=39501.msg476247#msg476247

And my Automation Thread

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=52597.msg687934#msg687934

ntpntpntp

Quote from: jpendle on Today at 05:39:19 PMI would guess PA announcements.
That was my only thought too.
I doubt there's a CV, probably needs a different sound file loaded.

Can you confirm what decoder is fitted?  (read CV8) ?   Could it be an ESU LokSound?  Was there a factory fitted model, or have these been done by 3rd parties eg.  YouChoos , Hookstone Models, CR Signals?

 [edit] A google search has some mention of a "new batch" including DCC sound for GWR or LNER.  Google suggests ESU LokSound 5 was used.
Nick.   2026 celebrating the 30th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50050.0

Ski

It is the Zimo decoder and yes, the announcements are GWR related.

Kato provided a sound fitted version SKU during the first 9 car run...not sure if Kato factory installed it or they contracted it out. I purchased it when they first came out from a retailer in the UK, but am I am just now trying to troubleshoot it (life got in the way, you know, and frankly it's not that big of a deal).

Please Support Us!
October Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Total Receipts: £22.34
Below Goal: £77.66
Site Currency: GBP
22% 
October Donations