!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Ski Jumping  (Read 204 times)

Online Philipp

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 27332
    • Twitter
    • My N Gauge Railway
    • Awards
Ski Jumping
« on: November 16, 2018, 05:19:14 PM »
The new season starts today, that's my weekend viewing sorted till next March  :D Any other fans on here?

Offline Steve Brassett

• Awards
Re: Ski Jumping
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2018, 05:34:32 PM »
Yep - I have never skied, but Ski Sunday always leads nicely up to Christmas.

Back to ski jumping.  I visited the Olympic Ski Jump in Oslo (in summer).  It is a long way down and very steep.  That might sound obvious, but it still takes your breath away.

Online Philipp

• Twitter
    • My N Gauge Railway
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2018, 05:40:41 PM »
I go to Bischofshofen every January for the finale of the 4 Hills tournament, it's brilliant to watch live, and yes it is breathtaking

Online TrevL

• N Gauge Society Number: 26716
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2018, 05:54:09 PM »
The new season starts today, that's my weekend viewing sorted till next March  :D Any other fans on here?
Yes, one here.  What channel is it on please?

Thirty years ago I had 1/2 dozen ski-ing holidays and loved it I considered myself a "brave" intermediate, probably the gluhwein I always had for breakfast ;)
I once skied the 1976 olympic downhill course at Igls, the one Franz Klammer won in two minutes, it took me 14 minutes and was absolutely cream crackered and at the end.  Balls of steal, those guys ( and gals).

I've often wonderred, how do you start ski jumping, at some poit you've got to launch yourself off that hill?
« Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 05:57:56 PM by TrevL, Reason: typo »
Cheers, Trev.

Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

Online Philipp

• Twitter
    • My N Gauge Railway
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2018, 05:59:01 PM »
Yes, one here.  What channel is it on please?

Thirty years ago I had 1/2 dozen ski-ing holidays and loved it I considered myself a "brave" intermediate, probably the gluhwein I always had for breakfast ;)
I once skied the 1976 olympic downhill course at Igls, the one Franz Klammer won in two minutes, it took me 14 minutes and was absolutely cream crackered and at the end.  Balls of steal, those guys ( and gals).

I've often wonderred, how do you start ski jumping, at some poit you've got to launch yourself off that hill?

It's on Eurosport

Online Philipp

• Twitter
    • My N Gauge Railway
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2019, 07:55:53 PM »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/winter-olympics/47113853 arguably the greatest Ski Jumper of all time, Matti Nykaenen, passed away on Monday at the age of 55. Never saw him live but was enthralled by him on TV.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £60.00
Above Goal: £5.00
Site Currency: GBP
109% 
April Donations

Advertise Here
anything