!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: MJA Routes  (Read 1583 times)

Offline Pete @ EGLM

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 7447
    • Awards
Re: MJA Routes
« Reply #45 on: August 14, 2018, 07:36:43 PM »
I’ve recently bought some looky, likey IHA bogie hooded steel carriers from German company Modelbahn Union.  These have been running round my layout for the last half hour or so- not a single uncoupling or derailment so far....

They’re made by Dapol, or at least come in boxes with Dapol branding.  It begs the question, are there different standards for models they make for third parties?  They feel generally more solid too.  Price is €23 each.

Pete @ EGLM

Offline RailGooner

• N Gauge Society Number: 17356
  • I'm supporting Soldier F
    • Ebay
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: August 14, 2018, 07:56:13 PM »
I've got a dozen of those myself Pete (@ EGLM). They are indeed manufactured by Dapol, and I have to agree with you they are far better than anything Dapol have released under their own marque.
“We are indebted to those soldiers who served with courage and distinction to bring peace to Northern Ireland,” UK Defence Secretary Gavin Williamson said. “The welfare of our former service personnel is of the utmost importance.”

Per Ardua ad Astra | Mens Agitat Molem | Victoria Concordia Crescit | Utrinque Paratus | Caveat lector

Offline Rabbitaway

• Awards
« Reply #47 on: August 18, 2018, 11:56:03 AM »
My three pairs of GBRF MJAs arrived

Only one wagon had the problem with the brake pipe catching the wheel axle, sorted as explained in this thread (really, we should not have to be doing this if Dapol QC was better)

The couplers are a little out of line but no problem so far with random uncoupling

These are very nice wagons and great value for money

« Last Edit: August 18, 2018, 12:21:21 PM by Rabbitaway »

Offline Pete @ EGLM

• N Gauge Society Number: 7447
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: August 21, 2018, 08:30:52 PM »
I have to report that following a session of fettling a dodgy wheel set, locating axles in their axleboxes properly and inserting the ends of the brake pipes properly, my MJAs are running nicely. 
I shouldn’t have to do that, oh and just to be safe i’ve Put the spare bar couplers between the buffered ends.

Pete @ EGLMquote author=Pete @ EGLM link=topic=42104.msg522588#msg522588 date=1534271803]
I’ve recently bought some looky, likey IHA bogie hooded steel carriers from German company Modelbahn Union.  These have been running round my layout for the last half hour or so- not a single uncoupling or derailment so far....

They’re made by Dapol, or at least come in boxes with Dapol branding.  It begs the question, are there different standards for models they make for third parties?  They feel generally more solid too.  Price is €23 each.

Pete @ EGLM
[/quote]

Please Support Us!
November Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Nov 30
Total Receipts: £345.00
Above Goal: £285.00
Site Currency: GBP
575% 
November Donations

Advertise Here