Need Irish help for St. Patrick's day

Started by AlexanderJesse, March 10, 2018, 10:55:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlexanderJesse

At St. Patrick's day I have a visitor with Irish heritage. What would be typical menus for St. Patrick, or for Ireland.
=================
have a disney day

Alexander

Remember: vapour is just water and therefor clean

Snowwolflair

Quote from: AlexanderJesse on March 10, 2018, 10:55:04 PM
At St. Patrick's day I have a visitor with Irish heritage. What would be typical menus for St. Patrick, or for Ireland.

Irish stew and Guinness washed down with a glass of Blackbushe whisky, all probably illegal in Switzerland. :D

AlexanderJesse

BEEF AND GUINNESS STEW
Beef & vegetables braised in Guinness, potatoes & aromatic fresh herbs.

Do you think that would be ok?
=================
have a disney day

Alexander

Remember: vapour is just water and therefor clean

Snowwolflair

Quote from: AlexanderJesse on March 10, 2018, 11:15:35 PM
BEEF AND GUINNESS STEW
Beef & vegetables braised in Guinness, potatoes & aromatic fresh herbs.

Do you think that would be ok?
:thumbsup:

Bealman

Sounds yummy to me - I'll get off the forum and book a plane ticket.  :beers:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

weave

Hi,

Having had Irish Grandparents I always loved me nan's boiled gammon ham with colcannon (cabbage and potato) but probably a bit boring. Did find this recipe with a twist though...

http://www.jamesramsden.com/2011/03/16/recipe-gammon-steak-with-colcannon-and-irish-whiskey-sauce/

I'm not a great fan of proper Irish Stew as not a massive lamb fan but BEEF AND GUINNESS STEW is turning me on. I  think I'll give it a go myself on Saturday.

Have a great Weekend and remember to drink too much. It's the law over there.

Slainte, weave  :beers::beers:

joe cassidy

Ireland is also famous for salmon, and oysters.

Whatever you choose remember "a meal isn't a meal in Ireland without potatoes".

Bon appetit,

Joe

RailGooner

Quote from: Snowwolflair on March 10, 2018, 11:00:46 PM
Quote from: AlexanderJesse on March 10, 2018, 10:55:04 PM

Irish stew and Guinness washed down with a glass of Blackbushe whisky, all probably illegal in Switzerland. :D

Whisky(!)? :o Whisky(!)? :goggleeyes: Surely you mean WHISKEY? :D

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

dannyboy

Slight variation on the above - Bacon and Cabbage. A bacon joint, sliced, with a serving of boiled cabbage, mashed potatoes, all covered in a parsley sauce. Wash it down with a glass of Guinness. (Save the single Malt until the guests have gone home!  ;)). I enjoy it and am a Yorkshireman living in Ireland for nigh on 20 years).

https://www.marthastewart.com/350007/traditional-irish-bacon-cabbage-and-parsley-sauce
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Newportnobby

Cabbage? Yeuch :sick2:

Reminds me of
"What's the difference between cabbage and bogies?"
"Kids won't eat cabbage"

EtchedPixels

There's a reason that while you find Irish pubs all over the world and Irish music everywhere you look it's rather harder to find an Irish restaurant 8)

"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

PLD

If they are anything like my Irish friends, the correct option is whatever you would normally eat...

The majority hate the forced, fake "Irishness" that pervades so many English establishments for a week either side of St P's...

tgv_obsessed

Quote from: EtchedPixels on March 11, 2018, 08:55:34 PM
There's a reason that while you find Irish pubs all over the world and Irish music everywhere you look it's rather harder to find an Irish restaurant 8)

except.......

the best three places to stuff my face with all good things from the sea here in the metropolis are Irish.

Wrights Oyster Bar, The Cow, and The Bentley , though at The Bentley one could easily eat a Tomix shinkansen's worth of shellfish- probably with an add on 4 car set too!!
running in is so you get used to the noise, oops, to bed the gears down properly

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations