My local bus stop

Started by Bealman, December 12, 2017, 11:17:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Platy767

Quote from: Bealman on March 03, 2023, 01:54:51 AM
$27 a bundle?
Yeah, I don't get it. $11 a whole BBQ chook, a bag of "Proper Chips" (cook them in the oven. Only discovered these from Woolworths due to the local chipping potato shortage) and a large coleslaw for a lesser price and you have a real meal and maybe some leftover for a chicken sandwich the next day.

Mark

Bealman

Yes indeed. Mrs Bealman is partial to Maccas breakfast burgers, and when I got one from the above drive through the other morning, I just about fell out of the car when they told me the price!
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Bealman

Being St Patricks, I thought I'd better indulge the club on it's $8 pint day:

Bealman

weave

Hi George and sláinte  :beers:

Do they do it big time there with the Irish band etc. or is the bowlo a quiet affair?

Either way, have fun. Will be havin' a few tipples meself later  :thumbsup:

Bealman

Pretty quiet. A few people with Irish type shirts on, but mostly Friday is bowls day.

Though as I type this, the place is packed!

Trainfish

I'm not a fan of Guinness so last night when I went out for a few beers with the gym monkeys from fat club I had more than a few of these:

Well, it was Paddy's day and it's green:

John

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Bealman

Is that food colouring in there?

A barman did that to my beer once, saying it doesn't spoil the beer. It bloody well does!

port perran

I think I've tried that at a beer festival.
Tastes great but I'm afraid the colour puts me off.
I'm sure I'll get used to cream first soon.

Trainfish

@Bealman Yes, it's food colouring but it comes from the brewery, not added by the landlord. Tastes fine, if you shut your eyes while drinking it you may spill it you wouldn't have a clue that it is green. It's often on in my local, not just Paddy's day.
John

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Bealman

Well I reckon it does affect the taste, and the barman did it without asking me. As I know him pretty well (I taught both his sons), I told him if he ever did that again he could shove it where the sun don't shine  :)

Trainfish

John

<*))))><

Bealman

:laughabovepost: :laughabovepost:

Actually, I've had a beer in Bristol. Spent some time looking for that suspension bridge without success.

Coming over for the NGS show in York, so it might happen again seeing as Mrs B insists on going to the Doc Martin village  :uneasy:

crewearpley40

George. The suspension bridge is in Clifton, bristol

https://cliftonbridge.org.uk/

acook

And the sun is shining today in Bristol, as well as yesterday!

Alan

Please Support Us!
June Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: £0.00
Below Goal: £100.00
Site Currency: GBP
 0%