Ordering Modelmasters Decals from the Ngauge Society

Started by McRuss, February 18, 2017, 08:59:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

McRuss

Hello,

does anyone know how to order Modelmasters decals from the Ngauge Society online shop. I've searched their online shopping facility but can only find society products.
Any help would be great.

Markus

Buzzard

The NGS home page states this

"Modelmaster transfers and plates have also been temporarily withdrawn, pending new sales arrangements being put in place."

McRuss

Is there a date known when they will be available again?

Markus

Thorpe Parva

This was explained in the recent Journal. My understanding of the article is that Modelmaster products will still be ordered via the NGS Shop who will pass the order on to Modelmaster for shipping as this will ensure that only NGS Members receive the discounted price.

trkilliman

I hope this happens fairly quickly and is straightforward.

Modelmaster decals at the membership price (if it indeed remains so) I consider one of the attractions of membership.

Alternative brands are available, but at around double the cost.

zopadooper

The truth of the matter is that the final arrangements are still being formulated but the current situation is that Modelmasters are building a separate n-gauge web-site which is hoped to be ready for public release in early April.  The stock of transfers and plates currently held by the Society will be  passed to Modelmasters whilst visiting the Glasgow Show next weekend.  Orders will be placed directly with Modelmasters who will despatch and invoice the stock.  Prices will be broadly in line with current Society pricing but will be the Modelmaster price less a Society member discount.
The reasons for this action are partly to make the very wide range of products available to as wide an audience as possible, to reduce the workload on the volunteers who run the Shop and to use the expertise of Modelmasters who are very knowledgeable on their product.

N Gauge Society Shop Manager

Bornin1980something

^Glad to hear about the new site, though I don't understand why they can't simply add N Gauge products to their existing site.

Also, I would love it if they would release their range of fictitious nameplates in N. You see, I am presently working on a small Peckett industrial from a Shapeways kit. It will be by far the smallest working loco on my layout, and I would like to call it Katie, after the Heywood loco. Modelmaster do have such a nameplate in other scales, but I've never seen it listed in the N range.

zopadooper

The main reason for having 2 sites is that the n-gauge transfers and plates belong to the Society so need to be accounted for separately. 

The Society has already been in discussions with Modelmasters about producing one-off bespoke plates and numbers for members so you wish may well come true in time.

N Gauge Society Shop Manager

mr bachmann

drifting off topic but shop related , how to order , price etc for the Thompson brake - in the Journal/Newsletter would be nice , so far only how to pick up pre orders ???

PaulCheffus

Quote from: mr bachmann on February 19, 2017, 06:33:50 PM
drifting off topic but shop related , how to order , price etc for the Thompson brake - in the Journal/Newsletter would be nice , so far only how to pick up pre orders ???

Hi

Information is here
http://www.ngsjoin.com/thompson-bg-full-brake-8065-p.asp

Cheers

Paul
Procrastination - The Thief of Time.

Workbench thread
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=54708.msg724969#msg724969

Ian Bowden

Quote from: mr bachmann on February 19, 2017, 06:33:50 PM
I read either here or in the journal that the pre orders were almost fully delivered and members could order them as normal. I immediately went to the order section of the web site. Admittedly the first time you use it it can  be confusing, selecting join to get to the shop, but the site map and other links including one on the Thompson BG show the way

mr bachmann

many thanks to the above 3 posters , I can now place my order .

bridgiesimon

my only wish beyond getting them available again is that the sheets would use a darker backing paper to make seeing them much easier! I do remember getting a pack of brake van numbers that included a printed paper version showing the transfers and their location which did help a bit.

Best wishes
Simon

Shiney Sheff

Quote from: Bornin1980something on February 18, 2017, 08:36:01 PM
^Glad to hear about the new site, though I don't understand why they can't simply add N Gauge products to their existing site.

Also, I would love it if they would release their range of fictitious nameplates in N. You see, I am presently working on a small Peckett industrial from a Shapeways kit. It will be by far the smallest working loco on my layout, and I would like to call it Katie, after the Heywood loco. Modelmaster do have such a nameplate in other scales, but I've never seen it listed in the N range.

Just looking on the N brass site and they do "KATIE" nameplates at £2.00.

zopadooper

An announcement will appear on the NGS website just as soon as transfers and plates are available again.  The latest information (this morning) is that the Modelmaster website should be up an running with N Gauge plates on Monday morning and transfers will follow soon afterwards.  Society members will be asked to register their membership number with Modelmasters before placing an order to gain a 25% discount off their normal list price.

Gill
Shop Manager

Please Support Us!
June Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: £20.00
Below Goal: £80.00
Site Currency: GBP
20% 
June Donations