!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: N Gauge perspective  (Read 885 times)

Offline swanmark

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
N Gauge perspective
« on: February 15, 2011, 12:30:00 PM »
Hi Guys, I am trying to make up a plan, I know what I want but I cant seem to get the perspective right in my head, I dont know if I am explaining myself clear enough, as I have never worked with N gauge, in my minds eye I keep seeing oo gauge and therefore drawing a plan accordingly, I hope one of you understand what I mean, also I have a few pasting tables lying around, I dont mean the flimsy B&Q type, I mean the more soild ones, I was wondering would they be a suitable base they are 6ft 6" by 2ft 6", and one more question can anybody recommend where I can buy Swiss/Bavarian, Austrian backscenes from, thanks guys

Offline Dock Shunter

• Trade Count: (+10)
    • YouTube
    • Awards
Re: N Gauge perspective
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 02:21:14 PM »
Hi Swanmark.......Do you have any N Gauge stock or track.?
There really is no substitute for playing around with a few pieces of track with some rolling stock to give a feel for size
and perspective especially if you are new to the scale.
I personally wouldn't use pasting tables for my boards but many successful layouts have been built on them.
Bob Ks layout Watton Erith on this forum is one such example.
http://www.gaugemaster.com/index.html look in the backscenes section they do continental backscenes by
Busch....Faller,Vollmer.

Offline matt-b

• Trade Count: (+8)
    • Awards
Re: N Gauge perspective
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2011, 05:11:29 PM »
there are plenty of backscenes on ebay  :)

:NGaugeForum:

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £105.55
Above Goal: £45.55
Site Currency: GBP
176% 
March Donations

Advertise Here
anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal