Ireland West (Knock) Airport

Started by Adrian, August 01, 2016, 05:54:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyboy

@stevewalker  I am in south Leitrim, so 70/80 miles from Ballyshannon. I don't know how well you know the area, but there are plenty of places round here to visit - Arigna Mining Museum, Lough Key Forest Park, Carrick-on-Shannon. Then in Enniskillen, there is a model shop, 'Modellers Corner', but he does not have a huge range of 'n' in stock.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Trainfish

Quote from: Kris on August 01, 2016, 07:54:34 AM
Quote from: port perran on August 01, 2016, 07:40:59 AM
Same applies at our local airport-Newquay.
Generally regarded as a rip off.

This stopped at Easter.

I have been charge fees for entering counties in the past.

Even third world countries like Wales!

EDIT: Just realised you said counties, not countries. Oh well.
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Adrian

"Even third world countries like Wales!"

Appreciate that last sentence is light hearted and said in jest, Trainfish.

But just wonder, as it could be construed by some as being provocative,  whether it's something better said in your pub (whilst imbibing your favourite IPA) than commiting to print!

Kris

Quote from: Adrian on August 02, 2016, 10:17:41 AM

"Even third world countries like Wales!"

Appreciate that last sentence is light hearted and said in jest, Trainfish.

But just wonder, as it could be construed by some as being provocative,  whether it's something better said in your pub (whilst imbibing your favourite IPA) than commiting to print!

The whole post came across as condescending and rude.

Trainfish

Obviously said in jest and I won't lose any sleep over following comments.

EDIT: Just realised my edit of the Wales post was above the original post. Maybe that's what confused people. Now corrected.
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

stevewalker

Quote from: dannyboy on August 01, 2016, 09:57:22 PM
@stevewalker  I am in south Leitrim, so 70/80 miles from Ballyshannon. I don't know how well you know the area, but there are plenty of places round here to visit - Arigna Mining Museum, Lough Key Forest Park, Carrick-on-Shannon. Then in Enniskillen, there is a model shop, 'Modellers Corner', but he does not have a huge range of 'n' in stock.

We finally got around to visiting the Arigna Mining Experience on our latest trip over, last week. It is indeed an interesting place. Thanks for that.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations