Actual model wheelbase dimensions.

Started by FourWheelCoach, March 25, 2016, 05:00:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FourWheelCoach

Hi folks.

In my continuing efforts to squeeze a quart into a pint pot I am persisting with radii below what most people consider sane. Of course these require short wheelbase locos and I've reached the limit of what the Farish Jinty will tolerate. A J94 and an 04 diesel should be shorter in the wheelbase and look to be from pictures of models.

"Jinty" 3F Wheelbase 198" (5029mm). Scale WB 34mm Actual WB 34mm

LBSCR Terrier 144" (3658mm) Scale WB 24.7mm Actual WB ?MM

J94 Wheelbase 132" (3352mm). Scale WB 22.7mm Actual WB ?mm

04 Diesel Wheelbase 108" (2743mm). Scale WB 18.5mm Actual WB ?mm

If you have a model of any of these could you go to the trouble of measuring it and letting me know which make it is etc? I suspect the older Farish ones might not be as true to scale as more modern ones.

In time I would like to scratch build some locos but I could do with something to have running to see that the track is OK.

Trackwork will probably be British Finescale.

Thanks.

Cooper

Not sure just how accurate you need. The 04 is 19mm between wheel centres, and at the most extreme 23mm if taking into account wheel and flange adjacent to rail head. HTH.

FourWheelCoach

Quote from: Cooper on March 25, 2016, 10:47:31 PM
Not sure just how accurate you need. The 04 is 19mm between wheel centres, and at the most extreme 23mm if taking into account wheel and flange adjacent to rail head. HTH.

I was just thinking of wheel centre dimensions.  Thanks.

Please Support Us!
June Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: £20.00
Below Goal: £80.00
Site Currency: GBP
20% 
June Donations