Parkside Dundas wheel dimensions

Started by JanW, March 24, 2016, 06:21:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JanW

I am looking fore someone who knows the dimensions of the Parkside Dundas 6.2mm wheels.
At the moment I'm building a small layout with code 40 track to NMRA standards.
This means that I have to replace the wheels of some of my rolling stock.
I have tried the Farish rp25 wheels which are fine, but it would be even nicer if I could find wheels with a tyre width of 1.8 mm (code 72).

Of course I could order a small amount, but living overseas means that it will be cheaper to buy everything I need in one order.

So if someone knows or could measure the wheel width (and perhaps the flange width) I would really appreciate it.
And if possible a photo with Farish rp25 and Parkside Dundas wheels....

Jan

NTrain

Parkside and modern Farish wheels are basically to the same size.

I have 6.2mm wheelsets which are done to NMRA standards and you can see details here

http://n-train.net/N-Wheelz-6-2mm-plain-disc-10-Pack

Dr Al

Parkside also do 7mm diameter wheelsets (good for fitting to old style Farish Mk1 coaches) and 5.1mm diameter wheels (good for container wagons):

http://www.parksidedundas.co.uk/acatalog/PARKSIDE_DUNDAS_WHEELS.html

Cheers,
Alan
Quote from: Roy L S
If Dr Al is online he may be able to provide a more comprehensive answer.

"We have also arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. This is a prescription for disaster. We might get away with it for a while, but sooner or later this combustible mixture of ignorance and power is going to blow up in our faces."Dr. Carl Sagan

JanW

Quote from: NTrain on March 24, 2016, 07:24:31 PM
I have 6.2mm wheelsets which are done to NMRA standards and you can see details here

I already found your wheelsets but I need spoked wheels. If you ever decide to make spoked wheels I'll be the first to order them!
I'll try the Parkside wheels so I can compare them to the Farish wheels.

NTrain

I did look at doing spoked wheels, but they need injection moulded spokes and the cost was prohibitive. I need to have a quantity of about 10000 wheelsets doing to keen the cost reasonable.

JanW

Quote from: NTrain on March 24, 2016, 09:32:12 PM
I did look at doing spoked wheels, but they need injection moulded spokes and the cost was prohibitive. I need to have a quantity of about 10000 wheelsets doing to keen the cost reasonable.
You would need about 200 customers like me then. And of course the funds to set it all up.

Please Support Us!
June Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: £20.00
Below Goal: £80.00
Site Currency: GBP
20% 
June Donations