!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Which reliable loco next ?  (Read 12094 times)

Offline MalcolmInN

• Trade Count: (+1)
    • Awards
Re: Which reliable loco next ?
« Reply #60 on: December 23, 2015, 04:58:29 PM »
unless you strike lucky and find a shop with one left, I have the Std 5MT green L/C running number 73014 (372-728)
Time for an update :)
Yes! the good news is that I found one (73014)
the not quite so good news is that she will not get her Xmas prez till after Xmas now.

Thanks to everyone for all your suggestions, much appreciated.
The Duchess will have to wait a bit, until the moths have got over their fright :)

Offline CliveH

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 20425
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: December 24, 2015, 07:15:11 AM »
We'll just have to take your word for it, that underneath all that grime, it is in fact green......Just sayin'  ;)

Found this on the interweb . . . looks quite green  . . . . (Sorry, but you are not allowed to access the gallery)

Cheers

ScottyStitch

« Reply #62 on: December 24, 2015, 05:04:31 PM »
Indeed, and quite splendid it is too

Online Les1952

• N Gauge Society Number: 9060
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: December 24, 2015, 11:48:22 PM »
We'll just have to take your word for it, that underneath all that grime, it is in fact green......Just sayin'  ;)

Found this on the interweb . . . looks quite green  . . . . (Sorry, but you are not allowed to access the gallery)

Cheers
Shame they didn't line the tender LMS-style with the upper lining following the line of the tender top...

Les

Offline MalcolmInN

• Trade Count: (+1)
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: December 25, 2015, 12:03:13 AM »
Shame they didn't line the tender LMS-style with the upper lining following the line of the tender top...
I was only a few years old when I last travelled on the LMS ( or LNER for that matter) so did not notice,,, if you could amplify a little  :

« Last Edit: December 25, 2015, 12:04:59 AM by MalcolmAL »

Online Les1952

• N Gauge Society Number: 9060
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: December 25, 2015, 08:08:10 AM »
I was only a few years old when I last travelled on the LMS ( or LNER for that matter) so did not notice,,, if you could amplify a little  :
The lining on the tender side is a rectangle, following the pattern of the GWR.   LMS style would have had the shape of the lining follow the shape of the tender side.

Les

Please Support Us!
August Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Total Receipts: £40.00
Below Goal: £20.00
Site Currency: GBP
67% 
August Donations

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal