4-4-2T

Started by JimStothers, November 18, 2015, 10:44:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimStothers

I've had to downsize from OO to N but would like to build a similar layout based  on the Belfast & County Down Railway in Northern Ireland. Many of the locos were 4-4-2T not until the \English C12. Does anyone know whether there are kits or chassis available in this format?

JimStothers

Sorry, I meant not unlike English C12

Cutter

I don't know of an off the shelf chassis. AtsoCad's 3D print C12 calls for a Dapol GWR 0-4-2 chassis and a Farish bogie. I have one waiting impatiently in line for completion. My Dapol loco runs very sweetly, but won't pull the skin off a rice pudding as the saying goes.

JimStothers

Thanks for the pointer, Cutter

msr

Take a look at the Tilbury Tanks thread on this forum. Simon has given a detailed account of his construction of a 4-4-2T based on the Poole Farish 4-4-0.

JimStothers

JimStothers

Thank you to those who have given me pointers to a C12. The Belfast & County Down Railway reboilered the round top boilers on their 4-4-2T engines in the late 1920 to give flat top Belpaire type boilers so I would also be interested in C13 and C14 locos which I think also had flat top boilers. Anyone aware of any kits available?

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £100.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £30.67
Below Goal: £69.33
Site Currency: GBP
31% 
May Donations