Forum down today

Started by guest311, November 11, 2015, 07:22:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guest311

did anyone else have problems accessing the forum earlier this evening ?

I wrote a message about 18:15, but when I tried to send it I got a 503 error message, site either down for maintenance or over capacity IIRC.

tried opening the forum from a new tab but got the same.

finally got back on at about 19:10 by refreshing original tab, but draft of message had of course disappeared  :censored:

alan

Dorsetmike

I've got into the habit of copying a post to clipboard before clicking on Post, then if there's a screw up either reopen the message window & paste if it's only a temporary hold up or paste to Notepad until forum returns then copy/paste it back to message window.
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Geoff

I could not get on the other morning and last week it was taking ages sometimes to load a page.

Service unavailable posting this post.
Geoff

austinbob

Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

Tank

I had a problem at about that time, but assumed it was just my work computer as I didn't see any complaints.  Will see how things are over the next few days.  Thanks!

Caz

I logged on this morning and eventually gave up trying to get posts to display,  This evening it seems better.
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

dannyboy

I have also had problems on and off over the last few days, getting the '503' error message. As I tend to spend more time on the forum during the night whilst at work, I doubted the forum was not coping with the capacity! David.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

port perran

Definitely been a little "iffy" here on and off over the last few days.
Usually either slow to load initially or the forum freezes part way through reading/writing posts.
Seems to be OK again if I log out and back on again a few minutes later.
I'm sure I'll get used to cream first soon.

daveg

Not had any error codes or lost posts recently. 

Our service here (early BT - copper, string and tin cans) in the sticks is close to rubbish so thought it was 'us' being slow.

Dave G

Bealman

Weirdly, here in Aus, I was having problems a week ago, but now it's bright as a button  :worried:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Dorsetmike

This is the slowest forum I use, despite having fast cable broadband (just checked, 86M down, 6M up, usually over 90M down) Virgin claim to be upgrading to "up to" 150M from "up to" 100M by end of November, doesn't seem to alter this forum's speed though.
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Please Support Us!
June Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: £20.00
Below Goal: £80.00
Site Currency: GBP
20% 
June Donations