Farish wagons

Started by 7P5F, July 14, 2015, 02:30:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

7P5F

Are the new Farish production wagons fitted with NEM coupler pockets especially the 16t steel mineral wagons.I`ve started fitting Dapol easishunt couplings & already having a large number of mineral  wagons for my Dapol 9f`s to haul,40+ wagons & would like a few wagons to auto uncouple.

Ray.

kenbury

hi 16ton min are fitted with older spring type coupling as are most of there wagons ken

7P5F

Oh heck,thanks,Ill just have to wait.

Ray.

Adrian

Might be a long time, Ray!

Why don't you get the Dapol conversion kit - 2A-000-009 and have a go at converting one wagon?

If you're not happy with the outcome, then that's one wagon to reside at the end of a siding - maybe do a mini scene around it.

If, on the other hand, all goes well, you could get the Dapol pockets - 2A-000-014 and do whatever else you require

Adrian

kenbury

hi some of the brakevan are fitted with new type  coupling change one side as a adapter wagon  as some coal trains run with van on each end

7P5F

Well,all went well,i converted a 16t steel mineral wagon,fitting the short shank couplings to the wagon & one of my Dapol 9f`s.I used Araldite rapid which made a solid job even though,removing the old housing using a piercing saw fitted with a new blade soon sliced through the plastic including part of the body!! :D.Moral,never try to do things when you havn`t enough illumination late at night.I found that a diamond coated flat needle file really cut the plastic,if you see these in your local Aldi store,they really are a good buy.As an aside,i downloaded some1950s Modelcraft card kits which are 2mm to the foot so if you want an LNER L1,here`s your chance!!.

[smg id=27413 type=full align=center caption=" wsb 566x480 Class+L1 copy enhanced"]

Ray.

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £100.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £30.67
Below Goal: £69.33
Site Currency: GBP
31% 
May Donations