!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Why Did You Choose to Model N Gauge?.  (Read 71616 times)

Offline honestjudge

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 16285
    • Awards
Re: Why Did You Choose to Model N Gauge?.
« Reply #390 on: August 19, 2019, 01:09:45 PM »
For me it was a case of being in the right place at the right time. At the time I was a regular at a shop in North London, past, present toys in Palmer's Green.
The owner was trying to get rid of a job lot of n gauge stuff that someone had brought into his shop. I got the 2 large boxes for 40.
It was all Fleischman. 2x motorized turntables, 20 x flexible lengths, boxes of straights and curves, lots of points with motors and lots of various other accessories which I still haven't got around to using. It was a mother of a bargain. But it all started with that.

Offline Chris in Prague

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 24400
    • Awards
« Reply #391 on: August 19, 2019, 01:18:26 PM »
That really was a bargain. The Fleischmann motorized turntables alone were worth far more and are excellent.

Offline Bob G

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 16057
    • Awards
« Reply #392 on: August 19, 2019, 08:58:23 PM »
For me it was the Peco jubilee in 1971, with two minitrix BR(S) green coaches and six wagons by Peco and Grafar. I knew then what was quality N gauge and when I found a track plan in the RM in 1971 for a dumbbell layout which I combined with a track plan by Cyril J Freezer called In Disguise in the Peco Track Plans book from 1970 I was away. 96 x 2 in N and I still like track EVERYWHERE. Urban is my preference and I now have a pastiche of Ramsgate, Fratton, Eastleigh, and Southampton plus other SR/WR snippets.
But only now do I feel confident to sell inappropriate locos to be loyal to my region. And I have only kept the jubilee from my early acquisitions.
I was good and never did Lima apart from the CCT and Siphon G. Oh and BGs for my minitrix rakes.

Bob

Please Support Us!
September Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Total Receipts: £30.00
Below Goal: £25.00
Site Currency: GBP
55% 
September Donations