Back again to annoy everyone

Started by QLD KID, May 21, 2015, 10:17:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QLD KID

G'day All  :hellosign:
It's been a fair while since I written anything mainly because I never know what to say on this forums.  :-[ Also things have been up and down health wise with me since our visit to The U K last year I've had a few crook skin cancers cut out in the last few months which knocked me about for a bit, one in the nose was a real nasty and could've finished me off if they didn't find it when they did. I keep telling the Cancer centre where we go that I'm moving in bit by bit  :hmmm: but they still let me in the door.
Layout wise things stopped when we returned home as we lost my Best Mate and Chief Engineer on my Layout Bruce Wetzig alias " The Fat Controller " to Cancer while we were away and for a couple of months I couldn't even go in the garage as he was just so much a big part of our life here. Bruce lived 3 hours away by car a bit over 240 KS away but still used to come down for a Beer and to help out on my Layout.
We all miss him a lot.
On a brighter note we now have a very small N Scale Club here we have started with only 4 members and I'm one of them but it's a start. One of our Guys Dennis Turner ( He has more money than me he can afford 2 N's in Dennis I only have one) is building a Monster N Scale Layout after just moving up from Brisbane in what  is a very large shed.
It would have to be his plan is for a Layout 67 feet long.  :o
I kid you not width I can't remember I'm thinking it could be 15' but not sure.
It will be based on the Rio Grande in The States and as far as the track plan goes it's full on.
Like I said more money than me by a boot full.
My Layout has started to progress a bit more and is looking quite reasonable considering I don't know what I'm doing but it's some how working.
My visit to WIGAN Show was a highlight of our trip for me, plus having a Beer and Lunch with Mick Hollyoake, wandering around with Martin and Lorraine and catching up with John in Newcastle were really very nice and firm friendships have been made.  :thumbsup:
Hopefully we'll get back again one day it's a Fabulous Country but Fair Dinkum it's Bloody expensive it cost us 84 Quid to fill our small Kia Hire Car in Scotland that's about $169 AUS if Aussies had to pay that for fuel they' burn our Parliament House down and Tar and Feather the Prime Minister.
After the first two weeks out of the nine weeks we were there my MasterCard refused to come out of my wallet it just stayed there whimpering, bruised and battered.
But Jeeze it was a Bloody Good Holiday.
Cheers,  :beers: Denis & Margaret
Never take Life too serious we are never going to make it out alive.

port perran

Really good to have you back on here Dennis  (and Margaret of course) and it was great to meet you and show you around our little bit of Cornwall (was that really a year ago !).
Looking forward to seeing some pictures of your layout sometime.
I'm sure I'll get used to cream first soon.

Bealman

Hi Denis, welcome back both to Australia and the NGF,  mate. Just the other day I was wondering where you'd gotten to.  :thumbsup:

Sorry to hear of the stuff that has occurred since your return, but it seems things are settling down somewhat.   :thumbsup:

I too enjoyed the Wigan show, and it was great to meet yourself and some of the other members. I still recall your horror story about the voyage over there!

All the best,  :beers:

George
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

1936ace

G'day mate,
Good to see you back. Hopefully all will be better health wise, nasty stuff that cancer.
How far up north are you. I'm heading to just north of Brisbane in August for the track n tent live steam week. If not too far I could called by and say hello
Bart

Please Support Us!
June Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: £20.00
Below Goal: £80.00
Site Currency: GBP
20% 
June Donations