69 today, and my health continues to deteriorate

Started by guest311, May 19, 2015, 10:28:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

guest311

just as I thought things couldn't get any worse, I have today found that I have contracted ....

ELECTRICITIS  :o

a short while ago I caught KETTLEITIS, and thought things couldn't get much worse. I had learnt to live with my DIESELITIS, and apart from the effect on my wallet / credit card, I managed to carry on a normal life.

this morning I received TWO 4-CEPs, in green, one from SWMBO, and one from my younger daughter and grandsons.

I had seen this on the Liverpool website, and said that I quite liked it, remembering them from mmmm some years ago, but didn't realise that it would go any further, as they never got as far as Scotland.

luckily, my elder daughter donated a bottle of Scottish 'water', so that may, taken in sufficient quantities, negate the ELECTRITIS germs.

looks like another Rule 1 somehow  :-[

seriously, they have both been test run, well it would have been churlish not to, and both run smooth and quiet.

the only negative I could find, and it is minor, is that the blinds do not change colour when direction is changed, so the units have to run in one direction or with the wrong colours in the blinds.

looks like they may have to have their own SR style mini layout where they can run, in one direction, to their hearts content  :smiley-laughing:

off to take some medicine, you can take that at this time of the morning  :)

cheers

alan

Newportnobby

First of all...........Happy Birthday :beers:

Now, having contracted all those ailments at least you know there aren't many to go.
However, Maglevitis may be looming on the horizon.
Time for another swig of medicine? ;)

scotsoft

Happy Birthday Alan and I feel sure the Scottish water will help ease any symptoms that arise from your dillema  :NGaugersRule:

cheers John.

Bealman

All the best from Australia mate! Get it all into ya whatever the flavour!

:beers: George
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

guest311

:thankyousign:

I shall continue to self medicate, and this will hopefully prevent any further outbreaks.

cheers

alan

Bob Tidbury

Many Happy Returns,trouble is  the complaints you have got are contagious as I've found out Didn't mind Ketlitis and then put up with Dieselitis now I've caught Electricitis as well, still at the moment I think it will stop now till as someone said Meglevitis becomes an epidemic .
Have a great day running your new trains.
Bob

Bealman

All of which is better than Deaditis.

Happy Birthday Alan, but take it easy on the self medication! It could turn ya into a railway modeller!

All the best

George   :beers:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

railsquid

I must admit, despite being an OHLE sufferer, being tempted by the 4-CEP blue/grey model, as it might be one of those funny Southern third-rail things but when it comes down to it, it's basically a self-propelling set of Mk1 coaches. Fortunately for my wallet, the one(s) on offer appear to have been snapped up.

Ditape

Happy Birthday, Long live rule1. Keep taking the medicine.
Diane Tape

Jerry Howlett

Happy Birthday Alan from Me and a Happy Birthday Junior from Mrs "H" .

I have just realised that I am suffering from the same Disease, the symptons had escaped me until I remembered buying the "Belle".

If I can run that in the "Bristol Area" I am sure your "Mushrooms" will fit well into the Scottish landscape. 

Ceps ?...get it , I am just trying to be a Fun Guy ............Ok I will get my coat.

Jerry
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

alibuchan

Happy birthday Alan.

As a long term sufferer of the more common strain of electricitis, OHLE, as long as you keep self medicating you should be fine and luckily for you the flair ups will be few and far between.

Unfortunately for me the dieselitis and the OHLE virus are both well settled in with some alarming regular flair ups noted in the past few months the latest being the highly contagious CJM92032 virus.

But in good news, the kettleitis is getting better. Hoping that I will be all but cured of that one in a few weeks time with only a small (but contained) infected area left.

Unfortunately as you may well be aware, there is no cure for these ailments. However, my Doctor friend has advised that, a steady but constant stream of monetary input that will be needed to help keep away the dangerous impulse virus, and so far it is highly recommended. (But I think that's just because he likes trains too :) )

Alistair

scottishlocos

Alan

Happy Birthday and as for that Rule 1 they used to refurbish London Underground stock at Rosyth so it could have been that one of the Scottish works refurbished or repainted a 4-CEP
Also in the mid 90's the filming of Mission Impossible was done in Scotland with class 33's and Southern region stock

Regards

Dave

scruff

Happy birthday Alan,

Just Don't try too much medication... They might give you... Tramadol!

I'm grabbing my coat too!

Cheers
Mark

Please Support Us!
June Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: £0.00
Below Goal: £100.00
Site Currency: GBP
 0%