MP3 Player

Started by Jerry Howlett, April 30, 2015, 01:13:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerry Howlett

OK so I have been given an MP3 player to get songs together for Mrs "H" s birthday in July.  Any advice on the best sites to use to download music from.  We are talking of a mixture of decades from the 50's onwards.

Jerry
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

javlinfaw7

Amazon are not bad ,if you by CDs they also send you a electronic copy via cloud

port perran

I use Spotify for nearly all my music these days but, of course, they will charge for bought downloads.
If you subscribe you can make up your own playlists without downloading (just streaming) which will work out cheaper.
I'm sure I'll get used to cream first soon.

Malc

Or use the PC and make your own from your CD collection.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Jerry Howlett

Quote from: Malc on April 30, 2015, 03:33:04 PM
Or use the PC and make your own from your CD collection.

Windows 8 !! :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry:

Using the "windows media player" Have got 6 tracks from a CD onto the PC.  Select synch *** :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry:  nothing.   I HATE TECHNOLOGY !!!!!
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

petercharlesfagg

Hello, if I want music that is a little more avant garde I will use Soundclick whereas if I know the music I want and the band/group whatever, I use 7digital.

The latter expects you to pay but at only .99p for the majority of single tracks but at that price who can quibble if it gives you just what you are looking for and easy to download.

Peter.
Each can do but little, BUT if each did that little, ALL would be done!

Life is like a new sewer pipe, what you get out of it depends on what you put into it!

A day without laughter is a day wasted!

red_death

Itunes is probably the easiest to rip and categorise music from CDs but I don't know how well it plays with non-Ipod MP3 players.

Mediamonkey as an alternative.

Agree with Amazon as a place to purchase music - I still quite often buy CDs and get the free download (particularly if it is stuff I don't particularly care about the quality of the music file).

Cheers, Mike

davidinyork

I mostly use Amazon - downloads are in standard MP3 format which will play on any MP3 players. I've got a Sony player and just copy the files manually onto it (the computer sees it as it would a memory stick, and the files just need to be copied into the 'music' folder'.

Not used an iPod for a while, but as I recall it's very difficult to get the to work with anything apart from iTunes.

keithfre

I've got some good stuff from deezer.com (both classical and jazz, but they have lots of pop too).

RussellH

use audio grabber to transfer from CD to PC (titles your files/tracks aswell)
http://download.cnet.com/Audiograbber/3000-2140_4-10016038.html

plus youtube downloader to download tracks from youtube....
http://download.cnet.com/YTD-Video-Downloader/3000-2071_4-10647340.html

Assuming its not an apple product you can just drag and drop the files onto your mp3 player like its a memeory stick.

Regards
Russ
Repairs - not everything has to be sent away - you can fix most thing's yourself. Ask and help will be provided.

Waiting for the RTR version? - why not try a kit?

My layout, Bridgebury Gate now has its own website...
www.bridgeburygate.com

and the 3DR shop where you'll also find the NGF MPV, assorted cabs etc...
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/3dr_designs_for_n_gauge

joe cassidy

I think Deezer have stopped selling downloads to allcomers - I think you now have to pay a monthly subscription.

Best regards,

Joe

Rabs

I'd avoid any other site that sells the files with DRM.  You want an .mp3 format file that you will be able to easily transfer to other computers, devices, versions of Windows, etc for decades to come.  Any file that is in an obscure format or has code in it to prevent you from easily transferring it to another device in the is likely to mean that you will have to re-purchase in the future.

EDIT: removed my incorrect statement that Itunes has still DRM, thanks for putting me right ChrisWV10

ChrisWV10

Itunes music has been DRM free for several years now and mp3 or aac is available. Buying from itunes you can drag the files from the folder in your 'my music' library onto any mp3 player plugged into usb. Same as for purchases from Amazon.

If  you are struggling ripping CDs with media player, try itunes to rip then drag n drop the ripped files as above.

C. :)

Please Support Us!
June Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: £20.00
Below Goal: £80.00
Site Currency: GBP
20% 
June Donations