Dapol HST Livery Request Poll

Started by Vonzack, February 09, 2015, 02:48:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vonzack

Hi,

I'd like to try and work out if there is sufficient interest for Dapol to produce some alternative liveries for their HST Sets.

I'm sure the list I've produced won't tick all the boxes and I'll have more than probably missed something, but if that's the case please let me know and I'll try and amend the Poll accordingly for you to vote. I haven't included the Virgin XC Livery as the differences appear to be limited to the 'Virgin' logo's on the Power Cars and would probably be best achieved with a re-numbering exercise rather than a new production run.

Thanks, Mark.

acko22

One option not on there and I dont think is currently available is the First Dynamic lines livery.
However I am probably wrong on that one
Mechanical issues can be solved with a hammer and electrical problems can be solved with a screw driver. Beyond that it's verbal abuse which makes trains work!!

Jack

Quote from: acko22 on February 09, 2015, 03:13:00 PM
One option not on there and I dont think is currently available is the First Dynamic lines livery.

Obviously the OP is an east coast mainline fan.  :(
Today's Experts were yesterday's Beginners :)

acko22

How dare you!!! WCML all they way.

But I do like the current first livery has something with character about it instead of something drab like the east coast scheme.
Mechanical issues can be solved with a hammer and electrical problems can be solved with a screw driver. Beyond that it's verbal abuse which makes trains work!!

Vonzack

Hi Acko22,

Like this one?

http://www.tauntontrains.co.uk/Archive-Images/43/43004-43009-03-04-06-1Z30-PAD-PENZ-CREECH.jpg

From the pic it looks like just the Power Cars that would need a livery change, the existing coach liveries look to be OK, unless I've missed something. I'll add it as an option.

Thanks, Mark.

Vonzack

Quote from: Jack on February 09, 2015, 03:23:33 PM
Quote from: acko22 on February 09, 2015, 03:13:00 PM

Obviously the OP is an east coast mainline fan.  :(

Guilty as charged, I'm from the correct side of the Pennines after all  :D

Again, I'll add anything I've missed and you would like to vote for.

acko22

Thats the one yeah.

Wrong end of the country for me but it looks nice.

sawyerm1982

How about Intercity Swallow?! Surely that one if popular....

acko22

Not the plain blue like in the pic from hattons one with the actual lines on.

Ahh and now cant re cast my vote but I would have one in the dynamic scheme.

Jack

I would like to see a FGW "Fag Packet" livery,   :heart2:

[smg id=21382 type=preview align=center caption="43128 Culham 1999"]

or a Great Western "Merlin" livery,

[smg id=21383 type=preview align=center caption="43149 Merlin 1998"]

IC Swallow is cool but that's already been done by Dapol.
Today's Experts were yesterday's Beginners :)

fisherman

FGW  for me..

but  with ALL the  diff  carriages available!
<o({{{<<

Vonzack

Quote from: sawyerm1982 on February 09, 2015, 03:44:53 PM
How about Intercity Swallow?! Surely that one if popular....

Pretty sure a re-run of IC Swallow might be on the books from Dapol, but the poll was intended for liveries that hadn't been produced so far.

Vonzack

OK, added First "Fag Packet" and Great Western Merlin.

Vonzack

Quote from: Arrachogaidh on February 09, 2015, 05:16:27 PM
Can we have an option for NMT Yellow please......... :veryangry:

Hmm, I did consider putting the NMT livery on my original list.

I've chased the NMT coaches in the past with Dave Jones (when he was at Dapol) and the answer has always been that the cost of changing / creating the tooling for the coaches would mean they will never be produced.

I'll add the option, but let's assume no new tooling, the closest existing Mk3 Coach design to the prototypes will be used, so buffets and TGS.

acko22

For the coaches I just got hold of the roof section for the ohle test coach off shapeways and worked around the coaches with thw yellow paint. It looks the part and thankfully got the right shade of yellow to match the hst

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations