demu group

Started by darren.c, April 29, 2014, 12:28:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darren.c

hi everyone
i have been chewing over joining demu .
the main reason for this is the drawing service/collection of modern wagons has anyone used that part of the group as i would like some feed back before joining
regards daz

red_death

Hi Daz

As the treasurer of DEMU I am biased, but what is it you want to know in particular about the drawing service?

We have a combination of drawings done by members, BR general arrangement diagrams (though many are also available from Barrowmore MRG) and manufacturers's blueprints.  The vast majority are now digitised and we are slowly categorising things and adding them to our wiki.

Cheers, Mike

darren.c

hi mike
  at the meet up in surrey you was kind enough to give me a few copies of update
that had some rather good drawings in them .my  main list of drawing are for wagons i have found a few on the web so far however like most they are very sketchy on details .
regard daz

red_death

Hi Daz

If you let me know which wagons you are looking for then I will see if I can do some digging.

Cheers, Mike

darren.c

hi mike
the main two are sheerness steel wagons the box ones not the rebuilds
and the other is JRA Tiphook box wagons with or with out extended sides
i have both with basic drawings of the net but really after more detailed ones

daz

red_death

Hi Daz

I know that Compendium 3 (available through the back issues service) has a drawing of the Sheerness Steel JXAs PR3001-7 done by one of the members, but I can't remember off the top of my head how detailed it is! If I can find my copy of the compendium I'll let you know.

The same author also did an article and drawing of the Tiphook JRAs in Update 31, but I don't think I've seen that or got a copy.

Cheers, Mike

darren.c

hi mike
the sheerness drawing  is the early rebuilds 
but if you do find the jra  drawing i would be very interested in that
daz

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £100.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £90.67
Below Goal: £9.33
Site Currency: GBP