4COR and 4RES EMU underframe details

Started by EtchedPixels, April 01, 2014, 11:49:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EtchedPixels

Does anyone have any decent views of the underframe fittings on the 4COR and 4RES units. I've done the sides,floors, trusses and nose, plus have the base bits for the roof/inner ends from the old Ultima Bulleid roof etc but I've not found a good enough set of views/drawings to do an underframe detail set yet.

Alan
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

BudgieJane

You might like to talk to Colin Parks on RMWEB. He scratch-built a 4COR in OO, so it's likely he can lead you through the minefield that appears to be their underframe details.
Best wishes

Jane

Dorsetmike

Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

EtchedPixels

"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

talisman56

Definitely have a look at this thread on 'another forum'. 36 pages,  :goggleeyes: but lots of good prototype research pics and modelling details. Don't assume that the earlier build pictures are final, as there is a few 'late breaking items' on later pages which if you read those too will save a bit of repeat heartbreak.

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/67297-4-cor/#entry922602

BTW, if you are thinking of producing N scale kits/scratch aids/etc of the above mentioned EMUs then you definitely will have a few orders from yours truly...  :thumbsup:

Edit: I see Jane has already pointed you in that direction, but the direct link to the forum topic is above...

Further edit: I've just skipped through the topic linked above (just to refresh my memory   ::) ), and you may want to look at pages 3, 10-13 and 33; especially post #299 (p12), #311 (p13) and #810 (p33).
Quando omni flunkus moritati

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0
My workbench thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19037

BudgieJane

Come to think, if you are thinking of producing kits of these, I'll have some too, given that if I can't get any modern-day EMUs, I'll have to run old-time ones.
Best wishes

Jane

EtchedPixels

Quote from: talisman56 on April 01, 2014, 02:44:02 PM
BTW, if you are thinking of producing N scale kits/scratch aids/etc of the above mentioned EMUs then you definitely will have a few orders from yours truly...  :thumbsup:

I've done the 4COR and 4RES sides/floor/outer ends. The old Ultima bulleid ends and roof provide the rest although it's still a case of then altering them if you want inner detail correct and the rainstrips right.

Basics are therefore all done - would be nice to get the underwear right however.

Alan

Please Support Us!
June Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: £0.00
Below Goal: £100.00
Site Currency: GBP
 0%