Farish 2014 Train Sets and Train Packs Announcements.

Started by Ollie3440, January 31, 2014, 04:05:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stevieboy

I can't help but think (hope) that the 25th Anniversary pack will be a new A4. Seems like they're building up some anticipation by not revealing it just yet. Can't see it being the long awaited 37's  :smiley-laughing:

Other than that, I can't see anything else from the current range standing out as 'Flagship' loco's other than another Tornado or the royal train perhaps?

Richard G Dallimore

Could be the hospital train, that is in the OO will come in Ã' with a lovely new mogul.
Regards
Richard
Formerly NtasticShop
Now N'Tastic Scale Models & Copper Mine Miniatures
https://www.coppermineminiatures.co.uk/n-tastic-scale-models
https://www.facebook.com/NTasticScaleModels

Roy L S

Quote from: stevieboy on February 01, 2014, 01:15:46 PM
I can't help but think (hope) that the 25th Anniversary pack will be a new A4. Seems like they're building up some anticipation by not revealing it just yet. Can't see it being the long awaited 37's  :smiley-laughing:

Other than that, I can't see anything else from the current range standing out as 'Flagship' loco's other than another Tornado or the royal train perhaps?

I would love it to be an A4 with the new coreless motor  but I doubt it sadly given the existence of the Dapol model.

I anticipate some big surprise though given the price quoted - poss a two loco DCC setup?

Roy

gc4946

Maybe something containing the name "Silver", as the price suggests a twin loco pack:

LMS Jubilee 5552 Silver Jubilee in its black and silver finish
LNER A4 2509 Silver Link with valence

47 163 or 47 164 in Stratford's finest customisation with silver roof and Union Jacks and white wheel rims
66 705 Silver Jubilee in GBRF livery
Silverlink 150/1 DMU

"I believe in positive, timely solutions, not vague, future promises"

SD35

Hmmm...I think I know what my Dad's christmas present will be.  He models US N scale but he was based at Longmoor in the early 60s.  I'm sure that would look nice among the SD40-2s.

matt-b

Are these the prices we can expect to see at retailers or the rrp?

Just out of interest, if anyone splits sets i`m always willing to offer £20 plus afew quid postage for track, controLler, power pack, track clips etc.

Matt

stevieboy

Talking about this at Rails today and the top theory is a silver lined jubilee, but I still want it to be an A4  :P

gc4946

It may not even be a twin loco pack, but a loco and carriage set instead.

If it is indeed a train pack, my guess would be the LMS Jubilee and a rake of five Staniers in a wooden presentation case.

An outside chance could be an all-new set consisting of the LNER A4 as no. 2509 Silver Link in original condition with matching articulated carriages for the "Silver Jubilee" express :drool:
"I believe in positive, timely solutions, not vague, future promises"

MikeDunn

I was wondering that ...

As long as they got them right (and didn't do a Hornby  :'() I'd buy one !!!

Ollie3440

Quote from: matt-b on February 01, 2014, 05:09:53 PM
Are these the prices we can expect to see at retailers or the rrp?

Matt

The prices in my OP are the RRPs. I imagine that at a lot of places you will see them discounted by is 15% off this price.

This may be of interest. I noticed that the Virgin Voyager set has a retail of £139.95, where as the forthcoming Virgin Voyager on it's own has a retail of £164.95!

Quote from: Skyline2uk on January 31, 2014, 04:31:17 PM
QuoteClass 08 BR green livery with wasp stripes No.D3406

Will there shortly be some track and a controller for sale in the classifieds on here Ollie? Can't help but recall you were after a green wasp stripe 08 without weathering  :D

Skyline2uk

Quite possibly :P Then again, if Farish announce one in their July announcement than i may leave it as i don't want the wagons lol.
There will, however, be a Digital Controller and track finding it's way into the classifieds as the Jinty set is certainly finding it's way onto Sheaf :D A very attractive livery (SDJR Blue is rather tasty) as currently carried by 47327 at Butterly :P Plus a couple more PO Wagons for my ever growing collection, and it'll save me getting the LMS Brake van on it's own

Oh and when the Bachmann rep informed us that some sets would be announced over this weekend, it is apparently planned to have these available around September time.

Ollie

:NGaugersRule:
Hi I'm Ollie, and I'm a addicted to buying MK1s......

My Previous Exhibition Layout - The Sheaf Valley Railway
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=24.0

My Current Exhibition Layout - Wenlock
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=23228.0

CarriageShed

Quote from: whiteswan on January 31, 2014, 04:43:18 PM
I like the sound of the Countryside Coal Digital Set with a SDJR 3F, there could then be an E-Z Command Digital Control Centre and a oval of track with siding in the classifieds.   :thumbsup:

I'd like the sound of it much more if you reversed that and put the 3F on the market.  :angel:

voltan

Quote from: Ollie3440 on February 01, 2014, 10:57:45 PM

This may be of interest. I noticed that the Virgin Voyager set has a retail of £139.95, where as the forthcoming Virgin Voyager on it's own has a retail of £164.95!

Probably more carriages with the solo release.

The packs could end up being expensive for me as I'm tempted by the Landships, Longmoor and Cumbrian mountain sets. :drool:

Chris in Prague

Quote from: Skyline2uk on January 31, 2014, 04:31:17 PM
QuoteClass 08 BR green livery with wasp stripes No.D3406

Will there shortly be some track and a controller for sale in the classifieds on here Ollie? Can't help but recall you were after a green wasp stripe 08 without weathering  :D

Skyline2uk

I'm also after a new outside crank Class 08 BR green livery with wasp stripes and without weathering so expect to see some (ex-set) for sale this year!  :claphappy:

Ollie3440

Quote from: voltan on February 02, 2014, 06:15:43 AM
Quote from: Ollie3440 on February 01, 2014, 10:57:45 PM

Probably more carriages with the solo release.

Both are being released as a 4 Car unit. So the same number of carriages.

Ollie

:NGaugersRule:
Hi I'm Ollie, and I'm a addicted to buying MK1s......

My Previous Exhibition Layout - The Sheaf Valley Railway
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=24.0

My Current Exhibition Layout - Wenlock
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=23228.0

voltan

Now that's a marketing decision, charge you more for not getting a controller and track  ;)

Please Support Us!
June Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: £0.00
Below Goal: £100.00
Site Currency: GBP
 0%