Milk Tanks

Started by oldbill, October 13, 2013, 04:39:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldbill

Good afternoon,  :rain: does anyone know of any kit or RTR models of 6 wheel milk tanks any livery or none.
thanks.
Pete.

GeeBee

Hi, Pete
Dapol do these NB-044 Dairy Co-op Milk No 169, NB-053 Express Dairy No 49, NB-056 Pure New Milk Co-Operative Dairies, hope this helps.
Graham

oldbill

That's great, thanks Graham.

Pete.

Newportnobby

I also have NB-115A Co-op 174 and NB-032 CWS, although I don't know if they are still available :confused2:

oldbill

Hi, Mick/Nobby? Yeah the Co-op is still on the Dapol site plus seven others, so plenty to choose from, I actually ordered two of their United Dairy tanks, many thanks to yourself and Graham for your help.

Pete

port perran

The Dapol milk tanks are fine little models.
However, they always ran in filthy external condition so to be accurate will require heavy weathering !
I'm sure I'll get used to cream first soon.

oldbill

Yes I heard that too, mine will have to be ex works, at least for a little while.   Nice and shiny 8)

Pete

Sprintex

I bought ten of the shiny silver 'United Creameries' tanks for my modern rail-fed dairy :)

They will be rebranded as "Meadowfresh", my fictional dairy company, and will be staying shiny as by the 1990s they'd invented this thing called hygiene :D

Great little wagons and still one of my favourites :thumbsup:

Paul

oldbill

"Meadowfresh" good name, sounds organic, you can put your prices up.  :)

Pete

PostModN66

Just tried www.meadowfresh.co.uk to see if the web address was available.  Sadly not   :(  - it's a butchers!

Cheers

Jon     :)
"We must conduct research and then accept the results. If they don't stand up to experimentation, Buddha's own words must be rejected." ― Dalai Lama XIV

My Postmodern Image Layouts

Lofthole http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=14792.msg147178#msg147178

Deansmoor http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=14741.msg146381#msg146381

Sprintex

No problem, they wouldn't have had a website in 1990 :D

(what's a "website"?  ??? ) ;)

Paul

Bealman

I am currently in the process of upgrading old stock and I love those Dapol six wheelers. A1 model, IMO  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Jerry Howlett

Hattons seem to have 4 different Dapol varities in stock for £11 a piece.
Its a very nice model.

Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

painbrook

Quote from: Sprintex on October 13, 2013, 10:13:35 PM
I bought ten of the shiny silver 'United Creameries' tanks for my modern rail-fed dairy :)

They will be rebranded as "Meadowfresh", my fictional dairy company, and will be staying shiny as by the 1990s they'd invented this thing called hygiene :D

Great little wagons and still one of my favourites :thumbsup:

Paul
Cow meadows  and organic seem very compatable.

oldbill

The two United Dairy tanks arrived this morning, and as people have already said, they're pretty good, dare I say it almost cute :sick:

Pete

Please Support Us!
June Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: £20.00
Below Goal: £80.00
Site Currency: GBP
20% 
June Donations