XP64 Formations?

Started by Adam1701D, September 13, 2013, 04:13:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam1701D

Can anybody here help me with the formation of the XP64 set?

I have been asked to do the vinyls for the complete rake as it was initially formed and would really like to know the general dispersal of coaches and what "normal" Mk1s were re-liveried and incorporated in the set. I've had a look in Parkin but not found too much info on the actual formations.

Thanks in advance.
Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

Leo1961

Just had a rummage and found this...

From Wikipedia

XP64

Near the end of the production of hauled Mark 1 stock came a series of eight experimental carriages known as the XP64 set. Three Corridor Firsts, two Corridor Seconds, and three Tourist Second Opens were built by Derby Carriage Works in 1964. Externally they resembled Mark 1 stock with the addition of a cosmetic cover over the solebars of the standard Mark 1 underframes, but inside they included many new features, including pressure ventilation, new seating designs and wider bi-fold doors.[6] Many of these features were later incorporated in the Mark 2 stock produced from 1964.

From Hugh Longworths Book on Mk1 and Mk2 Coaching Stock,
"A number of prototype vehicles were built over the years but the biggest step forward came with the XP64 train-set built in 1964.  These coaches contained many new features including new seat designs, pressure ventilation, foot-pedal operated toilets, aluminium partitions and interior doors and B4 bogies.  Folding doors were fitted to give a wider entry and exit for luggage carrying passengers, but they were not up to the job and were later replaced with standard doors"

And this picture is of the XP64 formation but it doesn't really show much, if anything at all, of any use

A bit further delving reveals the following,
"The XP64 Train set comprising TSOs M4727-9 FKs M13407-9 and SKs M25508-9"

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £100.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £40.67
Below Goal: £59.33
Site Currency: GBP
41% 
May Donations