Am i the only person here interested in Heavy Aviation Metal?

Started by B757-236GT, April 24, 2013, 09:49:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christina

Yeah you can choose the angle of the nose, easier with Concorde as it has no flaps or speed brakes. I'd love to see a BOAC concorde over my layout, but that's slightly too old :P

Mustermark

Quote from: silly moo on April 26, 2013, 07:31:27 AM
I've just bought an Airfix Concorde kit to build to go with my Lancaster, Spitfire and Hurricane, I also have a DC-3. All are 1:144 scale and are destined for the skies above my layout. The airspace is going to be very crowded  :D

Veronica

Those are some of my favourites too...

I agree with Pengi that Concorde has a timeless beauty.  I never flew on one though, sadly.

I also have a DC-3, a truly iconic plane that revolutionized air travel, but that one is 1:48 scale.  I just got to finish that one... it got built a couple of years ago but was a very old kit and then when the decals went in the water they just disintegrated.  Last month I spotted someone on eBay selling replacement decals for the exact same Eastern Airlines livery.  And it now looks awesome.

So, the OP is not the only one then.  Sounds to me like its a big proportion of us on here with a fascination for tin. :thumbsup:

http://www.marksmodelrailway.com
I'm a personality prototype... you can tell, can't you.

pape_timmo

Steel or Aluminium, it doesn't matter, heavy machinery, trains lorries planes and ships all interest me.

Cheers, Timmo
There's the right way, the wrong way, and the Railway...

My YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxeUUCqEw_rWo229kmnizFQ

Greybeema

Here is my contribution.

President Obama was visiting Ireland and we were on our way to the Heineken Cup Final 2011 in Cardiff.

As we were waiting to go this taxied past....

:Class414:
Worlds Greatest Suburban Electric - Southern
(Sparky Arcy 3rd Rail Electrickery Traction)

My Layout on NGauge Forum:- http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=12592.msg154278#msg154278

EddieA

For me the main aircraft is the Avro Vulcan. I remember them taking off over my parents house in the 1960/70's on full power. We not only saw them we felt them! Also at a local airshow the skys opened, quite a few folks gathered under the static display Vulcan ( maybe the most expensive umbrella?)

But Concorde is a close second - saw her fly into RAF Leuchars in the 1970's for the Golf Open, also saw the final flight into and out of Edinburgh. I have been on the Concordes in the museums at East Fortune and the French Museum at Le Bourget.

The Vulcan is still in the air (just) for some reason Concorde cannot fly again...
"I owe the discovery of Uqbar to the meeting of a mirror and an encyclopaedia".
(Jorge Luis Borges - 'El jardin de senderos que se bifurcan' 1941)

ScottyStitch

davieb

Hi all  :wave:

This is one place I would love to go on holiday  8)

Maho Beach St Maarten - Extreme take-off and landing!

Sun, Sea, Beautiful girls, ................. And loud aircraft  :beers:

dave  :thumbsup:

B757-236GT

The Skyline models 1/144th kit has extendable flaps and slats. Saying that it is about £30 and thats without livery transfers. If anyone wants a Ryanair B737-800 kit i have 10 for sale. I bought them from TK max for a stupidly low price with the aim of doing others. Never likely to get round to them now!

I did see a vote for the B757 earlier (sorry i dont know who it was) but all i can say is "top hole". Having seen the t/o perfromance of one of those when empty its great fun (hence my username) and also have a look at what RNZAF do with theirs  :o. A BA pilot once told me its virtually impossible to crash a 757 because it has so much power but is also very manouverable you should be able to get yourself out of trouble even to the point youd be too far past the recovery point in a B737-400!

Also id like to point out that c/n 9 is still going with DHL. Its about 3 months older than i. In fact the first three BA ones G-BIKA,KB (was the first BA to be delivered because KA was in the test program) and KC are all still going in cargo service. All the low numbered ex Eastern frames went to the choppers years ago!

Richard
You want the truth, you cant handle the truth. Welcome to the Fox news channel. (Andy Parsons)

Mustermark

Quote from: davieb on April 26, 2013, 09:18:03 PM
Sun, Sea, Beautiful girls, ................. And loud aircraft  :beers:

Aircraft?  Didn't spot those.

Reminded me of the "spot the hidden car" from a few years ago...

I still don't see it:

[/URL]

http://www.marksmodelrailway.com
I'm a personality prototype... you can tell, can't you.

Fratton

A c5 galaxy once took off right over my head on while playing Lossiemouth golf club (right on the north end of the runway) very impressive, the concussive effect of the engines made my breakfast sit badly (or maybe it was just my bad swing  :uneasy: )
Charlie.

Christina

Quote from: B757-236GT on April 26, 2013, 09:43:37 PM
If anyone wants a Ryanair B737-800 kit i have 10 for sale. I bought them from TK max for a stupidly low price with the aim of doing others. Never likely to get round to them now!

Richard

How much are you wanting for one?

Jimmy77

I earn my money playing with planes, and it all gets spent playing with trains!

Cheers,

Jimmy

Fratton

:envy:
Quote from: Jimmy77 on April 29, 2013, 10:58:44 AM

Cheers,

Jimmy

:envy:  :thumbsup:
Charlie.

kaiwhara

Quote from: Jimmy77 on April 29, 2013, 10:58:44 AM

Cheers,

Jimmy

Best of both worlds, only I play trains so I can play trains....
:Class414:  :NGaugersRule: :Class37:

My Model Planning Thread:

(Click on Picture to view thread)

View my photos at my Flickr Account

Please Support Us!
June Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: £0.00
Below Goal: £100.00
Site Currency: GBP
 0%