New Peco products

Started by Agrippa, February 20, 2013, 05:53:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Agrippa

The Peco website shows a number of new N gauge items including
figures, fencing, red phone boxes, skips, milk churns etc.

Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

EtchedPixels

Quote from: Agrippa on February 20, 2013, 05:53:29 PM
The Peco website shows a number of new N gauge items including
figures, fencing, red phone boxes, skips, milk churns etc.

Most of those appear to be OO ?
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Agrippa

You're right , apologies all round, new items on website
not distinguished by scale . Disregard first post.  :dunce:
Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

painbrook

OwL

I would like to see Peco release more RtR rolling stock especially coaches.

Proud New Owner of Old Warren Traction Maintenance Depot Layout.

http://www.c58lg.co.uk/  http://www.c60pg.co.uk/

PLD

Quote from: OwL on February 20, 2013, 09:11:26 PM
I would like to see Peco release more RtR rolling stock especially coaches.
They are doing at the correct gauge but they seem to have got the scale wrong by a factor of 2!!
(Lynton & Barnstable in 009...)  :P

Quote from: PLD on February 21, 2013, 01:19:48 AM
They are doing at the correct gauge but they seem to have got the scale wrong by a factor of 2!!

It's a similar problem with their concrete points. I'd love it if Peco could introduce some, to match their code 55 concrete sleeper flexitrack.

MikeDunn

Hmmm, a zombie thread with a very appropriate "# of posts" being 666 for Arrachogaidh !!!

I think Peco see the quality level of produce in rolling stock from the main players & have realised they can't compete ... so don't ...

ScottyStitch

A lot of their wagons, look to be pre-nationalisation and private owner which, until recently maybe, Farish haven't looked at, so maybe they are happy cornering their own little part of the market? Who knows.....

Karhedron

Peco dipped their toe in the water with the 2251 but were not happy with the response. I gather the model was a slow seller and they are not planning to produce any more. Some people did not want to pay extra for DCC onboard, others were not happy with the tender that had to be dimensionally compromised in order to accomodate said DCC.

With Dapol and Farish slugging it out and smaller firms like DJM and Rapido nibbling round the edges, I do not see a lot of scope for Peco to enter the RTR stock market. However I suspect that the majority of layouts will continue to feature their products either scenically or with the track, so they may have decided simply to stick with what they do best.

They have not been devoid of innovation, they brought out the 3-way point and scissor cross-over not that long ago. But without a serious competitor for RTR trackwork, there is no incentive for them to rush out new products.
Quote from: ScottyStitch on September 29, 2015, 11:28:46 AM
Well, that's just not good enough. Some fount of all knowledge you are!  :no:  ;)

jonclox

Quote from: Karhedron on January 20, 2015, 03:26:07 PM
But without a serious competitor for RTR trackwork, there is no incentive for them to rush out new products.
I agree that basically Peco is the main RTR track supplier/manufacturer in the UK but other makes are available if your prepared to look at some of the continental/US manufacturers.
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

Karhedron

Quote from: jonclox on January 20, 2015, 04:06:38 PM
I agree that basically Peco is the main RTR track supplier/manufacturer in the UK but other makes are available if your prepared to look at some of the continental/US manufacturers.
That is true but to my eye, they look a worse representation of british track than Peco (which is far from perfect itself).

I really like FiNetrax but I will have to decide if I am willing to kit-build my track if/when I start my next layout. I am not ruling it out but I am not relishing the prospect either.  :-\
Quote from: ScottyStitch on September 29, 2015, 11:28:46 AM
Well, that's just not good enough. Some fount of all knowledge you are!  :no:  ;)

Bealman

Referring to the OP, it looks to me that some of those 00 products are rehashed from the old Merit range of years ago?
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

d-a-n

Peco RTR wagons have never impressed me, especially when I started out in N and didn't have the confidence to chop off a coupling to fit an NEM pocket. Now, I often consider the kits but the painting and faff of finding transfers puts me off. If only Peco did a kit of their MGR HAA wagon though...

Papyrus

Funny, I've always liked Peco wagons. I've always found that they roll nicely, the wheels don't fall out, and the ELC coupling is reliable.

Can't please everybody...

Chris

Please Support Us!
June Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: £0.00
Below Goal: £100.00
Site Currency: GBP
 0%