Oxford Diecast - 2013 Toyfair announcements

Started by woodbury22uk, January 24, 2013, 05:37:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerry Howlett

At first I thought wow some really good stuff there but then realised lots is for the bigger scale that must not be mentioned on the hallowed website.
Uncle "Hatton" is sending me 3 x Western National Lodekkas for xmas  :claphappy:
There are a lot of packages arriving from santa sadly none of them are for Mrs "H".  A&E here I come  :worried:
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

Newportnobby

Quote from: Jerry Howlett on December 09, 2013, 12:11:40 PM

There are a lot of packages arriving from santa sadly none of them are for Mrs "H".  A&E here I come  :worried:

At least you can just wave your season ticket and get a bed, Jerry ;D

woodbury22uk

For anyone with access to the new edition of Diecast Collector magazine the whole of page 30 is taken up with pre-production photos of the forthcoming N items including the Mini, Morris Minor, Bedford OWB bus, Bedford TJ ambulance, Commer PB minibus and van, etc. Apart from the wheels looking odd/big on the two cars these models look to capture the character of the original vehicles well. It appears that Oxford has adopted clear plastic as the body medium for the new releases which allows slim window pillars and flush glazing. I know its been a long wait for some of these but good to see that the moulds exist and the models are coming soon. There are some reliveries in the pictures too, including the Southdown coach.

http://www.collectors-club-of-great-britain.co.uk/userfiles/magazines/dcfeb_39304.jpg
Mike

Membre AFAN 0196

woodbury22uk

Having looked at the page in more detail I can add to the above list with the Ford Transit Network Rail, two Eddie Stobart Scania Curtainside HGVs, VW beetle, and recolours of the tractors, 2CV, Lodekka , Panorama coach, and VW bay window Van/campers.
Mike

Membre AFAN 0196

javlinfaw7

nothing new just what was in oxfords October catalogue , I was hoping for new information

woodbury22uk

Quote from: javlinfaw7 on January 05, 2014, 03:21:06 AM
nothing new just what was in oxfords October catalogue , I was hoping for new information

The next new announcements will be at the Toyfair around 21/23 January. Oxford will be announcing a new range of 1/18 models there. The next tranche of N announcements for 2014 will be around that time with a new catalogue issued for the February to May period.

Some folk seem to be concerned at the length of time between announcement and delivery of new items, so I always try to provide an update on progress if I come across it.
Mike

Membre AFAN 0196

woodbury22uk

Only one new item for delivery this month so far, and this is already with some retailers.

NBL004. Bristol Lodekka "Alexander"

http://www.oxforddiecast.co.uk/shop/showitem.asp?id=3506
Mike

Membre AFAN 0196

javlinfaw7

Just noticed two new transits on the era page of Oxford's site Royal Mail and RAC no pictures or drawings ,first of minis ,beetles ,bedford ambulances ,bedford owbs ,morris minor saloons and scania highlines have all been released 

ParkeNd

Have just bought the Bedford OB single decker, the Royal Mail LandRover Mk1, and a VW van but beyond that things in N Gauge are really scarce - unless you want your layout to host a Morris Minor 1000 get together, or all your layouts residents to drive MkIX Jaguars and similar.

Where are the vans?  Morris J in N please!!

Newportnobby

I was just thinking last night - we are well served in N gauge rolling stock/buildings for cattle movements e.g. the excellent Farish cattle wagons (weathered or not), Ratio cattle docks etc but there are no Oxford Diecast cattle lorries ???
I'm sure a 4 wheel 1950/60's version would prove extremely popular on many layouts :hmmm:

javlinfaw7

Would it not be possible to build a cattle truck from one of the BT flatbeds such as the Albion , Bantam or BMC FG ?. as to vans the Commer pb is due shortly and I have added to my mix of light vans with a Standard and A30 from R Parker ,but I still wish Oxford would bring out a BMC J2  ,Ford Thames or Standard Atlas Van and a Commer Cob ,Austin a40 or 55 or even a minivan

BernardTPM

If Oxford did the TK chassis horsebox they do in 4mm that would be so very useful - TKs were just so common 1960-1990.

mr bachmann

some tri-cycles would be nice , theres a Robin Reliant van  in 00 , hows about one in N ?

A 'plas' and a Robin would suit late 60's/70's layouts.

alan

javlinfaw7

The Oxford three wheeler is a Reliant Regal Supervan 111  .I would prefer this to a Robin as it is nearer to my period

johnlambert

Quote from: mr bachmann on March 04, 2014, 03:33:18 PM
some tri-cycles would be nice , theres a Robin Reliant van  in 00 , hows about one in N ?

A 'plas' and a Robin would suit late 60's/70's layouts.

alan

Forgive me but this is a pet peeve, it is a Reilant Robin not a Robin Reliant.  :beers:

Anyway, as you were.

Please Support Us!
June Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: £20.00
Below Goal: £80.00
Site Currency: GBP
20% 
June Donations