Oxford Diecast - 2013 Toyfair announcements

Started by woodbury22uk, January 24, 2013, 05:37:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guest311

my preordered panorama's arrived from Liverpool last week.

bluedepot

ok cheers h

i'm guessing that some of these coaches survived into the 80s though, with operators for school use etc. etc???

cheers

tim

BernardTPM

I saw lots when I visited the Isle of Man in 1981, but it was a little bit of a time warp place. Yes, they would have been well down the pecking order by that date, though their successors, the Panorama Elites ('68-'74) were still quite common.
I quite fancy doing a Bedford VAL conversion  :D

B757-236GT

I went to school on a Minerva Travel Panorama Elite in 1997! It was needless to say it was the last operator and probably the perfect thing for a school run!

Richard
You want the truth, you cant handle the truth. Welcome to the Fox news channel. (Andy Parsons)

Michael Hendle

:hellosign:

B.O.A.C used them between Victoria Air Terminal in Buckingham Palace Rd to Terminal 3,
Some of them had B.O.A.C  Cunard on the side of them.

:Class31: Mike

davieb

Hi all  :wave:

Picked one up today

I have to say it's a great looking model  :thumbsup:

Sorry if the pics are a little blurred but I have other things on my mind at the moment

dave  :thumbsup:

BernardTPM

Looks good, but they've forgotten to paint the wider pillar in between the chrome strips: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/93/Dons_Tour_Brochure_photo_1970.jpg. (Should be white on a National Express coach.)

Adam1701D

Looks lovely - hope to see a Green Line version soon.

Such an improvement over the chunky double-deckers - no need for the Glue'n'Glaze.  :)
Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

H

Quote from: BernardTPM on November 07, 2013, 11:10:04 PM

Looks good, but they've forgotten to paint the wider pillar in between the chrome strips

Yep, I noticed that on my ones (and that the roof isn't fitted very well on one of the two) so it looks like they've all been missed. I'm going to have to get the paint and brushes out.

H.

BernardTPM

Ah, same with the back pillar too - but overall it looks really good. Is the bottom half diecast?

H

The rear corner pillars are filled with silver paint. The bottom half and roof are diecast metal with the centre window section being a clear plastic moulding. The wheels are nice mouldings but as always with Oxford cars the axle is too long (or they are not sufficiently fitted on) so that the wheels (on one side or the other) stick out too far.

H.

BernardTPM

I had a suspicion it was a 'sandwich'. Matchbox used the same basic construction method about 25 years ago for their 'Ikarus' coach http://www.modellauto.hu/ikarus/ik300_a.htm#sthash.mFKUDesF.dpbs. I did consider getting one just for the side windows to help build a modern Duple; while the width and height were much too long, the curved windows and length were about right for a 12m 320. I didn't bother in the end because it was set up for LH drive with the driver's sliding window detail moulded into the glazing on the wrong side for British use (would have been OK if they'd just printed it!).

woodbury22uk

4 N items for release this month.

http://www.oxforddiecast.co.uk/shop/showcat.asp?cat=58&jump=3

Not sure about the LMS removals van. Could be a model of a model.

Mike

Membre AFAN 0196

Michael Hendle

Hi
I have bought 2 of the Western National Bristol buses as they are ideal for my North Cornwall Route

Mike

woodbury22uk

Three N pre-production models are shown on this page - Bristol Lodekka "Bristol" and two Eddie Stobart Scania articulated trucks with curtain-side trailers. Sorry if the Fiesta and the Stobart Rail Scania machinery transporter got anybody's hopes up!

http://tinyurl.com/q49f5l4

Mike

Membre AFAN 0196

Please Support Us!
June Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: £20.00
Below Goal: £80.00
Site Currency: GBP
20% 
June Donations