Mercig models

Started by Woolleysh33p, June 01, 2014, 08:17:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolleysh33p

:hellosign:

I was just wondering if anyone here has any Mercig weathered models? I would like to know what you think about them, and also maybe some pictures?

I ask because I may have some stock weathered and I want to see your views and the results

Many thanks
:thankyousign:
:NGaugersRule:

DJM Dave

Hi Wooley,

Ian is, I believes the best detailed and painter for N gauge products out there today.

I have 8/9 Scottish loco's (37, 26's, 47,s)
And for my new layout some westerns and Warships.

For a look at the work, on the layout thread here check out some of them on 'Old Elm Common' or if you can't find it.
On his web site, mine are western D1015 in blue, and warship Glory, in blue and royal naval reserve in maroon. The Dutch sea cows are mine too.

Top quality work, improving what are generally top quality loco's.
Cheers
Dave
N gauge Model Railway locomotive and rolling stock manufacturer.

davieb

Quote from: DJM Dave on June 01, 2014, 08:29:00 PM
Hi Wooley,

Ian is, I believes the best detailed and painter for N gauge products out there today.

I have 8/9 Scottish loco's (37, 26's, 47,s)
And for my new layout some westerns and Warships.

For a look at the work, on the layout thread here check out some of them on 'Old Elm Common' or if you can't find it.
On his web site, mine are western D1015 in blue, and warship Glory, in blue and royal naval reserve in maroon. The Dutch sea cows are mine too.

Top quality work, improving what are generally top quality loco's.
Cheers
Dave

And is the same person that is doing the Masters for your up-coming weathered models  ;)

Looking forward to seeing them  :drool:

dave  :thumbsup:

porkie

I have 2 class 60's

Both absolutely stunning. He has raised the bench Mark to N gauge weathering and repaints way above whats been available before.
:Class89:

My Layout build thread.... Milton grove TMD 1988 - 2000 WCML loosly based
www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=57.0

DCCDave

Ian did this class 45 for me. As well as the superb weathering he narrowed the bogies, and modelled one of the side windows half open.

Well worth the money IMHO

Cheers
Dave

EtchedPixels

Quote from: Woolleysh33p on June 01, 2014, 08:17:33 PM
:hellosign:

I was just wondering if anyone here has any Mercig weathered models? I would like to know what you think about them, and also maybe some pictures?

I've got a couple (including his first ever sale. I must make him provide me a confirmation letter for that in case he becomes more famous ;-))

Quality on the later ones is as good as if not better than CJM IMHO. He's not cheap but he's certainly great value if you win the premium bonds.

Alan
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Chetcombe

100% agree with all of the comments above. A Mercig weathered model is truly stunning and Ian at Mercig is extremely helpful. Here is a photo of Class 42 Warship 824 'Highflyer' which is a renumbered, renamed, detailed and weathered version of Farish's D827 'Kelly'. One of my absolute favorite locos.

Mike

See my layout here Chetcombe
Videos of Chetcombe on YouTube

Tank

I've got about 5 models from Mercig.  They are faultless.  Here is my latest one, a Class 03 (no weathering, as I like mine to be pristine):-

EtchedPixels

Thats an absolute gem Tank, other than the cab roof being too high   ;) just needs an Aquafresh nameplate  :wave:

Alan
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

DJM Dave

:goggleeyes: that 03 is a real stunner.

I must admit with all the cheap Farish class 46's kicking around I'm quite tempted to get Ian to 'breath' on one for me and turn it I to an RTC 'Ixion' model to run with my 24 and RTC coaches.

If anyone can, he can, that's for sure.

EtchedPixels

If you look in the class 46 gallery you'll see one he did a while back..

DJM Dave

Yes, but alas, not for me  :'(

portland-docks

hi guys, i had a special commision of 76084 done, heres the pictures they took!

i had only light weathering done, to look like its done some work!

but they also added real coal, 3 footplate crew (driver fireman and footplate rep :P ), unfortunatly at the time i got it done, we up at hepscott hadnt decided how we were going to line the tender, as it turns out, we lined it a different way to how most of us have our models!

but still a stunning model!

the other plus side was, when i had some running problems they sorted me out with no problems no hesitation and i now have a very beautifully running and beautiful looking model of 76084!
Visit my heritage Railway "moorside Valley Railway"

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=9280.0

see first post for exhibition dates

portland-docks

to be all honest, im tempted to get him to sort a few coaches out for me, relivery that is...

a crimson cream restaurant first into choc cream and have "jos de crau" added to it.

then a rake of apple green/ cream west highland coaches :)

im sure they would look stunning if he did them!
Visit my heritage Railway "moorside Valley Railway"

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=9280.0

see first post for exhibition dates

Roy L S

Quote from: portland-docks on June 02, 2014, 03:19:17 PM
hi guys, i had a special commision of 76084 done, heres the pictures they took!

i had only light weathering done, to look like its done some work!

but they also added real coal, 3 footplate crew (driver fireman and footplate rep :P ), unfortunatly at the time i got it done, we up at hepscott hadnt decided how we were going to line the tender, as it turns out, we lined it a different way to how most of us have our models!

but still a stunning model!

the other plus side was, when i had some running problems they sorted me out with no problems no hesitation and i now have a very beautifully running and beautiful looking model of 76084!

That's a lovely looking model.

Dawn and I got married on the NNR last year (Weybourne Booking Hall). On the day of our wedding we saw the restored 76084 arrive at Sheringham where it was unloaded from the road transporter, and moved down the line to Weybourne still largely in undercoat. It looks superb now it is finished.

We have been back three times since, but each time a ride behind it has eluded me!

Maybe next time we go...

Roy

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £100.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £25.67
Below Goal: £74.33
Site Currency: GBP
26% 
May Donations