Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

railsquid

I finally got round to attaching the number plates to one of my Japanese locomotives, the first one I ever bought in fact. It comes with a choice of four numbers (on little plastic plates which slot into the sides of the loco) and being bored/curious (and not really knowing much about the class in general) I looked them up to help me decide which one to choose, and it turns out the construction date for one of them was within a couple of days of my birthday (and is still in service), so obvious choice  :D

MikeDunn

At long last I've found an LNER J94  :bounce:

Very happy with it ... second hand of course, and DC only ... but it will do me until (if !!!) the DJM one makes it's appearance ...

I now have my station shunter - the B1 can go back to local duties  ;)

Bealman

I installed a three bowl Tasmanian urinal fountain in the little garden that Mrs B is restoring after it was destroyed by the late labrador:
[smg id=20930 type=preview align=center width=400]
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Trainfish

Looks like a three bowl Tasmanian urinal to me  :thumbsup:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Chetcombe

Scary. The lower bowl looks like its watching you >:D
Mike

See my layout here Chetcombe
Videos of Chetcombe on YouTube

Bealman

Newportnobby

Guaranteed to have Bealman running for the loo every time the fountain is switched on :laugh:

Bealman

It's right under the computer room window, that's why the window stays shut  :P

scotsoft

I wonder what damage could have been done if the labrador had not been late  :hmmm:

Tdm

Decided today to fit the new bogies to my December 2013 Train Fair purchased Dapol Class 73, and for which DCC Supplies recently sent me a new pair of bogies at no cost despite me having no proof of purchase.

Tried on my track and it runs beautifully and even the running lights are working again the way they should. One more locomotive saved from the scrapyard, just a Class 37 and Class 31 of mine that are currently non-runners to get working again.

Nothing to do with trains, but also got notification from Western Union that my February Occupational Pension would be credited to my Tenerife Bank A/C today, and the exchange rate has been rising steadily over the past year which means I am now getting nearly €200 per month more than I did last year, entirely due to the increasing strength of the £Sterling against the Euro - long may the British Pound remain strong.   :)

Jerry Howlett

Just trudged back from the village shop in 6" of snow ok 15 cms as it is I-Talian snow. Despite being up a mountain there in my mail box was the Jan-Feb NGS journal. They may not deliver Xmas cards on time but the important stuff is different. Stoves stocked up with wood bottle of wine guess the dog walk can wait relaxxxxxx.

Jerry
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

Bealman

Mate.... awesome! I've been doing things like drilling holes in bricks while geiiting carried away by mosquitoes in 30 degree heat.

Think yersel lucky, lad.

But dinna eat road clay oft road.  ;)

George

Jerry Howlett

That heat is getting to you George, why would you drill a hole in a brick anyway...  I bet I will be sorry for asking.

railsquid

Quote from: Bealman on February 03, 2015, 10:57:37 AM
Mate.... awesome! I've been doing things like drilling holes in bricks while geiiting carried away by mosquitoes in 30 degree heat.

How many mosquitos would it take to carry George away?

Jerry Howlett

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations