Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

Again, I have one of those, Bob.
I purchased it in a set (The Master Cutler) as it was, at the time, the only way I could get a black one as opposed to green and would like to think at some point someone may do a more detailed and up to date one.

leachsprite4

By chance I had my black v2 running this week, I had forgotten how good it is, after a short run in.
Graham

austinbob

Quote from: leachsprite4 on January 07, 2016, 06:50:53 PM
By chance I had my black v2 running this week, I had forgotten how good it is, after a short run in.
Graham
I'm really please with mine Graham.
One of my ambitions is to build up a loco stud representing the Eastern region in the early - mid 60's. Cos that's what I remember from my trainspotting days.
I'd really like an N2 and L1 tank to compliment what I already have - Hope Dapol and Farish are listening in to this forum.
:beers:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

MalcolmInN

For any night owls :) **

elsewhere we were talking about the Duchess of Hamilton and her era and that I had resorted to some macro of her intimate details and specifications, ,
much too late to get into rivet counting but here, for your amusement (as I have not previously shown 'her' aka swmbo's Xmas prezzie :) )

Y'all will note that this is taken in 2045 when, due to environmental campaigns the mining of rock ballast has been forbidden, thus the emergence of inovative geodesic recycled roadbed materials. Also by the 46th century the continued degradation of the multiply recycled steels has forced, for elfinsafety, a considerable increase in robust dimensions of the track.
Not to mention the devastating nuclear wars of the 2020's which resulted in the uninhabitability of extensive oilfields in the middle east and thus the return to coalfired transportation.

Now where did I leave my pills, nurse , , nurse ,,,

PS Defo a round smokebox, not streamline   :bounce:

EDIT ** or even ex-pats and ex-colonials  ;D  hi gang,thanks,  wot time is it there  :wave:   :beers:

Trainfish

I think you've had enough pills if you think 2045 is in the 46th century. It's either quarter to 9 in the evening or it's still the 21st century.

Erm, it's 03:15 where I am  :thumbsup:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

MalcolmInN

Quote from: Trainfish on January 08, 2016, 03:14:54 AM
I think you've had enough pills if you think 2045 is in the 46th century.
Ooops ! Clang !!

Well spotted :)
that is what happens when typing with frozen fingers and chattering teeth and/or frozen brain cell (my other hobby is astronomy, it was a rare clear night last night but by heck it were cold )
on the other hand it could have been the brandy ?  ;D

Ditape

[smg id=33935 type=preview align=center caption="dmu156"]

My Christmas present to myself eventually arrived today  :) only a month after ordering on ebay :laugh3: .

To fit decoders do you just lever the body off as normal or is there anything special about this DMU the instruction sheet is missing and there is not one available for download on the Dapol web site?
Diane Tape

Sprintex

Body is part of the chassis on this ;)

Insert a finger nail between the bodyside and roof at one end and the roof should easily unclip, beware of the corridor connector falling out in the process. DCC socket is at the driving cab end. Before refitting the roof make sure the tiny wire on the corridor connector is located in the slot on the peg sticking up - that will make sense when you get the roof off :thumbsup:

Paul

David Asquith

Best wishes still with Peter and Mick but I'm sure everything will be fine.  There's a lot of positiveness from us with you.

Best regards

Dave

marco neri

Class 66 Polish by Modellbahn Union just arrived in the afternoon..
now "red fleet" has new entry..

Cheers
Marco
...never turn you back on the ripper (judas priest)

mickster04

A few of my pre-Christmas purchases finally got to NZ :) [smg id=34126 type=preview align=center caption="Late santa "]
Including a new Dapol 56,two vga wagons, two tankers, 4haa's, 4mineral wagon kits, 6new point motors and a partridge in a pear tree!

Trainfish

How come we don't get to see a picture of the partridge?  :doh:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

DELETED

Quote from: Trainfish on January 10, 2016, 11:08:47 PM
How come we don't get to see a picture of the partridge?  :doh:

........................and a pa-ar-tridge in a pear tree!

...don't tell me you prefer chorley FM now.

marco neri

I love third rail.......(and postwoman :heart2:)
Daily arrive at Narnia Central...
...never turn you back on the ripper (judas priest)

Newportnobby

As I have a fair amount of credit at Rails of Sheffield burning a hole in my pocket and my next pre-order (Farish 64xx pannier) is not likely to arrive for a couple of months at least I picked up this Dapol Class 22 weathered for £90 :D Sadly it is being returned for replacement as the headcodes don't illuminate and it runs with a clicking noise suggesting a split gear.

I also had a Christmas gift which I put towards the cost of this little beauty (Farish 374-187C)

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations