Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulprice

Quote from: steve836 on May 05, 2015, 07:42:29 PM
Nice, but why are PO wagons so popular when so few people model pre-war?

I model pre-war, so they should all be for me (insert evil laugh here), you BR modellers should keep your mitts off  :D

steve836

Quote from: paulprice on May 06, 2015, 09:38:23 AM

I model pre-war, so they should all be for me (insert evil laugh here), you BR modellers should keep your mitts off  :D

I must confess that I too have acquired one or two myself ( in bulk lots or as gifts) but one of these days I shall spray them grey, so that the old livery is barely visible and renumber them to suit vehicles taken over during WW2. I think that tank wagons kept their livery, but am open to correction.
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

paulprice

Quote from: steve836 on May 06, 2015, 10:17:19 AM

I must confess that I too have acquired one or two myself ( in bulk lots or as gifts) but one of these days I shall spray them grey, so that the old livery is barely visible and renumber them to suit vehicles taken over during WW2. I think that tank wagons kept their livery, but am open to correction.

That's unfair you don't see me buying BR liveried ex-LMS engines and re spraying them into more civilised liveries, oh hang on a minute you do......GOOD POINT WELL MADE THAT MAN

Rob H

Mick, John, are the Peco Tunnocks vans available anywhere please,

Rob.
They say that love is more important than money but have you ever tried to pay a bill with a hug ?

Rob H

They say that love is more important than money but have you ever tried to pay a bill with a hug ?

steve836

Quote from: paulprice on May 06, 2015, 10:25:02 AM
Quote from: steve836 on May 06, 2015, 10:17:19 AM

That's unfair you don't see me buying BR liveried ex-LMS engines and re spraying them into more civilised liveries, oh hang on a minute you do......GOOD POINT WELL MADE THAT MAN

And my way is more prototypical (except for a few preserved locos). :P
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

railsquid

Little BabySquid's grandparents turned up the other day with a suitcase full of miscellaneous N gauge stock which had kept landing on their doorstep for some inexplicable reason.  :angel:

Dan (DesertHound) may be interested to know there are 4 (four) Poole-era Farish locos in among that lot.

There is actually some more stuff, mainly unboxed wagons, an eclectic selection of German coaching stock and some ineffably naff GDR-era Piko locomotives which tickled my fancy.

Mystic Meg predicts a lot of wheel-cleaning, coupler-wrangling and split-gear prodding in railsquid's future.

GScaleBruce

Bruce
My DB themed layout - Steinheim am Main My BR themed layout - Stoneham Yard My T-Trak module - Güterbahnhof Friesdorf
My SNCF modelling thread - Gare de Ligugé My layout planning thread - Peterhampton Junction

Newportnobby

I wonder where they all came from, eh? :hmmm:
You'd better pray Mrs. Squiddy doesn't latch on :worried:

johnlambert

The train now arriving...

Great Western 45xx Prarie tank.  In the 1960s tank engine 4555 was painted in this livery and was photographed on freight trains in and around the Birmingham area.  Since I don't think 4555 has been modelled Dapol's model of 4523 is close enough.  It will be rostered on special trains as part of 'GWR 125' this summer.

Also new is this Dapol Gresley buffet in BR maroon.  I've wanted one for my Eastern Region rake of Maroon Gresley coaches for some time.  It will also do to represent the ER buffet coaches transferred to the Western Region.

cjdodd

Dapol Class 43 in BR Blue/Grey. Was DOA when I got it but thanks to some excellent service from ModelRailwaysDirect it's all sorted.

paulprice

I had one of those in 00 always was one of my favourite models

DELETED

I have been very short of cash but I did have a few pounds saved up and bought a few Peco butterley kits at £3 each but after the Nepal quake my "hobby" cash has been donated there -they need help way more than I can justify on little bits of plastic.

cjdodd

Quote from: paulprice on May 08, 2015, 09:42:47 PM
I had one of those in 00 always was one of my favourite models

Me too, spent a lot of my childhood on them. Just need a 47 and 50 to complete my childhood travel collection.

mk1gtstu

Although I model BR Blue I decided to buy these..

A rake of maroon mk1 coaches & a couple of steam locos to run as steam specials

cheers, Stu.
My Box File Layout (South Wales Valleys Colliery) http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=10430.0

Porthkerry (A South Wales layout in BR Blue) http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=39654.0

Abercwm Colliery (South Wales Area) https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=47521.0

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations