Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tdm

These are some of my latest additions - a BR Standard 5MT in green (a Hattons bargain offer), a Cardiff City Tram, 3 weathered cement wagons (another Hattons bargain), and a Deltic DP1 (which I really like and wonder why I didn't get one before now).

railsquid

An investment in the unborn lad's future education - a Plarail set with a Tokyo Toden unit and a layout map showing various Tokyo sights.

And to keep me occupied in the meantime, a Kato 485-300 (Kato model no. 10-391) for 8,000 yen from a sale event yesterday. It's an older model dating from 2003 and no longer in production, but seems to be pretty much in mint condition except that it's had close-couplings added. It even smells new, and is the first thing I've bought which comes in one of those "book cover"-style of case which I'm quite chuffed about. Also a box of 4 blue train coaches similarly in as-new condition for 2000 yen.

Mirrlees

A bit scared to do it yet!  Will have to get some pics done later in the week.  TINGS is a nightmare for my wallet!
Tim Hitch
NGS Display Stand Manager

Sprintex

Well, I went to TINGS today as I always do with the intention of not buying anything, and in past years I've almost managed it with just the odd small purchase here and there :)

Not today though!  :doh:

Not half an hour after stepping through the door I found this brand new set lurking on a shelf at one of the trade stands:-

Bearing in mind THIS ONE went for £87.00 second hand just today, and the last brand new set I saw on Ebay - THIS ONE - went for £112.00  :goggleeyes: I thought it was too good to be true! Luckily whilst I was doing the "shall I or shan't I?" over it Clare, being a true Scot, went and asked if they'd take 70 for it and they accepted !! Needless to say the debit card was out of the wallet in a flash  :bounce:

Having posted this pic a few months back . . .

. . . I have quite a decent train now,  but nothing to pull it with. What am I to do??  :hmmm:  :whistle: :-X

The only other purchase was from the lovely friendly couple at The Model Tree Shop who we always stop by and chat to:-

Luckily the debit card wasn't forced into meltdown as Clare bought them and I won't see them now until Christmas. Thanks hun  :-*

Paul

tutenkhamunsleeping

[smg id=15920]

New arrivals at Jones Towers last week.

The Farish Bulleid Brake will join some other Southern vehicles to make a summer saturday inter-regional set.

The Dapol Fruit D and Siphon G are for a parcels train, although the absurdly large coupling distance on the latter almost saw it being released straight to ebay :D  But I've counted to ten now, and will no doubt hack it to look like it's not part of the following train ;)

daveg

I have the same feelings about the huge couplings/gaps on the Siphons.

What is the best solution?

I hope to be able to start work on the new layout by Christmas (house move getting v close now) so collecting extra info in eager anticipation!

Dave G

johnlambert

Quote from: daveg on September 15, 2014, 04:36:08 PM
I have the same feelings about the huge couplings/gaps on the Siphons.

What is the best solution?

Dave G

My solution for the absurd coupling gap on Siphons is the short Dapol dummy knuckle, a short Dapol easi-shunt or (if you have any) a short Graham Farish NEM Rapido.  It doesn't give close coupling but it does reduce the gap and (as far as I remember) will still cope with Settrack points if you use them.

Other than that you can try to get creative with cutting and reconfiguring the bogies.

bluedepot

ColinH

I have asked the moderators to remove my previous posting as I had a senior moment and hit the post button instead of preview button so it made little sense   :doh: - a bit like this when the moderators respond.

Anyway what I was trying to post was details of my eclectic mix of purchases made at TINGS on Saturday. There were a couple of locos and plenty of bits and pieces to get me started on various aspects of modelling. Here are the pics.

14xx Autocoach from the Dapol Stand

DCC Farish 'Oliver Bury' at half Hattons price

Bit of a blurry pic I'm afraid but can anyone tell me if this is a chip or a just a blanking chip fitted in the tender? Will try to get a clearer picture if required

A general pic showing the rest of the purchases as they are not really locomotives or rolling stock

There are individual shots in my Things from TINGS album but they include Solder tag strips and push on connectors; an A3 cutting mat; a couple of jars of Static Grass; a digital vernier caliper that was going for half price; 3 Yellow carriage light bars; loco crew and a pack of easi-shunt couplers. Oops almost forgot the Gaugemaster DCC chip

The only thing I am not really happy about   :'( is this

One empty wallet.
My layout Much Puffindun can be seen at http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17426.msg173415#msg173415
Warning: Being a NGF member can seriously restrict your available modelling time

cjdodd

Railwaygun

Bit of a blurry pic I'm afraid but can anyone tell me if this is a chip or a just a blanking chip fitted in the tender? Will try to get a clearer picture if required

looks like a blanking plug - DCC chips have small black cubes all over both sides

Yet when I surveyed all that my hands had done and what I had toiled to achieve, everything was meaningless, a chasing after the wind;
Ecclesiastes 2:11

This has been a public service announcement
It may contain alternative facts

Caveat lector

The largest Railwaygun, Armoured Train & Military Rail group in the world!

https://groups.io/g/railwaygun/topics

NGF Military threads

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?board=146.0

My Military Rail Pinterest area
https://uk.pinterest.com/NDRobotnik/

10mm / N armour Threads
https://www.10mm-wargaming.com/

Motto: Semper ubi, sub ubi

Denemarken

Sorry Happened Again, Totally like these Class 37's Promise last one :) Not one bit of the baseboard built or track down but hey

Manufacturer: Graham Farish
Scale: N Gauge
Product Code: 371-154
Product Title: Class 37/4 diesel 37429 "Eisteddfod Genedlaethol" in Regional Railways livery

£69.50 eBay

Ready To Learn & Thank You For The Warm Welcome

bluedepot

nice livery on a 37 I think.

I hope they produce some new mk1 or mk2 coaches in regional railways livery.

Tim

Denemarken

Quote from: bluedepot on September 16, 2014, 10:27:33 AM
nice livery on a 37 I think.

I hope they produce some new mk1 or mk2 coaches in regional railways livery.

Tim

I would like a couple of coaches to pull behind the 37 but seen a few colour differences threads on other liveries so I'll probably take the loco to a shop and see how close the colours are, Bring me any coaches lol
Ready To Learn & Thank You For The Warm Welcome

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations