The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greybeema

Sad news indeed Kipper.  It's strange how quickly we become attached to our pets.  In time (and only you will know when) there are always rescues out there that you can make such a difference to their lives.

As I type this I look to our rescue dog who is curled up under my arm snoring her brains out...
:Class414:
Worlds Greatest Suburban Electric - Southern
(Sparky Arcy 3rd Rail Electrickery Traction)

My Layout on NGauge Forum:- http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=12592.msg154278#msg154278

austinbob

Quote from: Greybeema on December 08, 2014, 07:11:43 PM
Sad news indeed Kipper.  It's strange how quickly we become attached to our pets.  In time (and only you will know when) there are always rescues out there that you can make such a difference to their lives.

As I type this I look to our rescue dog who is curled up under my arm snoring her brains out...

Its very sad when you lose a good furry friend. My rescue greyhound is 11 and is curled up on one of her many beds around the house (folded duvet). She's getting on now but still going strong. Dread the day when she eventually leaves us.
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

longbridge

Sorry to hear about your dog Kipper they give so much love and enjoyment, if only humans were so faithful and loving what a wonderful world we would be living in.
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Geoff

Why does it always have to be at Christmas time!

2 weeks ago the knob on the Oven broke so no probs I swapped it with a knob on the oven that does not  get used, the next day the indicator light fell out into the oven, no problem I said I will open it up and glue it in place but I can not get to it  :veryangry:,at the weekend the thermostat went in the oven I thought I will pick one up in town this weekend, then was the final straw the Grill stopped working, I have only had the oven for 3 years and this is my second Hotpoint and never another Hotpoint.

Just ordered a German Cooker as a friend has one and they swear by it cos they have had it for 12 years.

Lets hope this one will be OK or the air will be Blue..
Geoff

woodbury22uk

Quote from: Geoff on December 12, 2014, 11:29:34 AM
Why does it always have to be at Christmas time!

2 weeks ago the knob on the Oven broke so no probs I swapped it with a knob on the oven that does not  get used, the next day the indicator light fell out into the oven, no problem I said I will open it up and glue it in place but I can not get to it  :veryangry:,at the weekend the thermostat went in the oven I thought I will pick one up in town this weekend, then was the final straw the Grill stopped working, I have only had the oven for 3 years and this is my second Hotpoint and never another Hotpoint.

Just ordered a German Cooker as a friend has one and they swear by it cos they have had it for 12 years.

Lets hope this one will be OK or the air will be Blue..

Two days after Christmas last year I had the tumble dryer drive belt and the washing machine door seal fail within an hour of each other. The German washing machine was 6 years old, but the Creda tumble dryer had already done 19 years service, so owed me nothing. Went to my local spares place and they said they could not get the parts for 15 days, but could speed it up if they did the repairs at £200 plus parts.  Yeah I thought, I know that game. Found an online supplier for both the parts who delivered before New Year.

Fitting turned out to be a trial for the door seal with much swearing until a drip of olive oil on the mating edge saw everything slip into place. Result. I looked at a few Youtube videos for the tumble dryer drive belt all of which seemed to require major dismantling work with estimates of 30 to 35 minutes to complete. Then I found one which said undo two screws, unclip the front and gently bend it forward. Slip the new belt over the back of the drum and then from underneath stretch it over the drum and drive pulley. It took me less than 5 minutes! Saved the link to the video and downloaded for safe keeping. It would have been sad to lose the tumble dryer which is only 19 years old.

Good luck with your new oven.
Mike

Membre AFAN 0196

talisman56

Another long-lived Creda appliance! Our Creda Oven unit is 22 years old and apart from the clock failing and the light unit falling to bits, is still going strong... We have other clocks and seem not to need a light in the oven, so what the hey...
Quando omni flunkus moritati

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0
My workbench thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19037

Tdm

Talking of long lived appliances, when I was a teenager I plashed out on a decent Hi-Fi system - a Quad 33/303 pre-amp & amp & a pair of Celestion Ditton 40watt speakers plus a Sony turntable.
That was circa 50 years ago now and all this equipment is still performing perfectly here in Tenerife having survived several house moves and regular use, and I still have not heard a better sounding home hi-fi system.

I also still have most of the 45s and LPs I bought to play on it, and they still play O.K., but my old 78s are long gone - and with reference to my Blue Peter badge thread, I think it was a Blue Peter program that suggested heating old unwanted 78s up and moulding them into vases which I did with some of them. I remember most of my 78s where either on the Parlophone, Decca, or London American labels, and wish now I had kept them all.

Kipper

Having tipped coffee all over my tv remote, I got one of these universal ones. Managed to pair it with the tv OK, but not all of the buttons are labelled the same as my old one. The instructions only list the pairing method, and codes for all the tv's ever made (almost). I can turn it on and off, and change channels using the number buttons, and adjust volume, but that is it. I cannot use teletext, as it has no "text button", just the coloured ones. Contacted Argos for help but nothing yet. Also cannot work out how to change my input channel, so cannot use the DVD. Thankfully, I will be getting a new tv after Christmas.

Malc

Quad made excellent kit. We used Quad 301 power amps to power LS 5 loudspeakers at one time. Excellent response and fantastic audio quality.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

longbridge

As an old HiFi buff  since the 1960s its nice to hear that I am not the only one listening to stereo, I am a miserable old git that thinks is I was intended to listen to five speakers I would have five ears, I guess you can tell that I have no interest in what they call surround sound or home theatre, oh well that's my moan for the day  :sleep:
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

austinbob

Quote from: longbridge on December 12, 2014, 07:10:01 PM
As an old HiFi buff  since the 1960s its nice to hear that I am not the only one listening to stereo, I am a miserable old git that thinks is I was intended to listen to five speakers I would have five ears, I guess you can tell that I have no interest in what they call surround sound or home theatre, oh well that's my moan for the day  :sleep:

Absolutely spot on. Its not just the five ears you need its having to live with a house full of spaghetti to connect everything up.

I've got good old British made Rega Planar turntable, Rega Mira 3 and Rega CD player with British designed ( but made in China) Monitor audio speakers.

Makes music a pleasure to listen too and makes the Telly sound like it isn't covered in cotton wool and buried in a cardboard box.

Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

Malc

They build lovely big flat screen TVs that produce great 1080i pictures and fit them with a couple of small oval loudspeakers.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

austinbob

Quote from: Malc on December 12, 2014, 07:46:26 PM
They build lovely big flat screen TVs that produce great 1080i pictures and fit them with a couple of small oval loudspeakers.

Malc

That's right and those tiny speakers are in an even tinier plastic box in the TV. Makes portable 5 inch transistor radios sound like HiFi - sort of!

Bob Austin

Trainfish

Quote from: Kipper on December 12, 2014, 05:35:39 PM
I cannot use teletext, as it has no "text button", just the coloured ones.

Teletext? I thought they turned that off years ago! Obviously not.
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Newportnobby

Quote from: Trainfish on December 12, 2014, 11:02:06 PM
Quote from: Kipper on December 12, 2014, 05:35:39 PM
I cannot use teletext, as it has no "text button", just the coloured ones.

Teletext? I thought they turned that off years ago! Obviously not.

Still available on Beeb 1 & 2 but nothing on the commercial sides

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations