what are you listening to at the moment?

Started by findus, January 20, 2011, 12:06:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

port perran, Moonglum and 13 Guests are viewing this topic.

Oldun

Never take Life too serious, we are never going to make it out alive

Chocolate comes from cocoa which is a tree ... that makes it a plant which means ... chocolate is Salad !!!

Si599

The Bards Song (in the forest) - Blind Guardian
O Death Where Is Thy Sting, I Rise, I Fly, I Live!

Newportnobby

My tinnitus and the cat snoring even louder.
Exciting life I lead, huh?

sparky

joe cassidy

What I like doing is going on Deezer (French on-line music website) and listening to 20 different versions of a famous song like 'Waterloo Sunset' or '4 Strong Winds'.

Best regards,

Joe

Sprintex

Quote from: Chetcombe on November 15, 2014, 12:05:20 AM
The Smiths, Strangeways Here We Come on vinyl!!! It must be the first time in about 4 years I have cranked up the old Linn Sondek which is still going strong after what must be 35 years :headbang:

Ah, good old vinyl 8) Apart from the crackles and hisses there's something about listening on vinyl that you just don't get from a CD  :no:

I got this only last week, Christmas music maybe but who cares I still played it  :D

Funky GREEN vinyl  :)

Paul

Chetcombe

Quote from: Sprintex on November 17, 2014, 10:14:35 PM

Ah, good old vinyl 8) Apart from the crackles and hisses there's something about listening on vinyl that you just don't get from a CD  :no:

Couldn't agree more, the warmth and detail you hear from a vinyl record puts anything digital and compressed to shame. Our wireless network went down this weekend, which meant vinyl or nothing. Our house guests were moved to remark that they had never heard some of the songs they knew sound so good.

I'd better shut up or else I'll be switching Chetcombe over to steam only :confused1:
Mike

See my layout here Chetcombe
Videos of Chetcombe on YouTube

Bealman

Check out the November Silicon Chip mag. Aussies have designed state-of-the-art amp with VALVES!! Kits available soon!

There's also a great article about Gorilla glass.

No connection except livin' here, by the way.  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Tank

Apart from the crackles and hisses there's something about listening on vinyl that you just don't get from a CD  :no:

Yes, you don't get crackles and hisses on CD's.  Time to update!   ;)

I have vinyl's of everything Metallica has done.  They look great on the wall, but to play......nah! :P

Malc

Before I junked my record deck, I transferred the vinyl I wanted to keep to CD. I mainly listen to them in the car. Sometimes my passengers have been heard to say...your CD has a scratch on it.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

GroupC

Pavement, "Cut Your Hair" from Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain album.

Cheers to Mark 37/4 for the PSB Spitfire post.

Oldun

Quote from: Malc on November 18, 2014, 10:09:31 AM
Before I junked my record deck, I transferred the vinyl I wanted to keep to CD.

Hi Malc, did it take long as I have just purchased a 'vinyl to CD' unit and have 536 LP's to do  :jawdropping:

Roger
Never take Life too serious, we are never going to make it out alive

Chocolate comes from cocoa which is a tree ... that makes it a plant which means ... chocolate is Salad !!!

Sprintex

Quote from: Tank on November 18, 2014, 09:32:30 AM
Apart from the crackles and hisses there's something about listening on vinyl that you just don't get from a CD  :no:

Yes, you don't get crackles and hisses on CD's.  Time to update!   ;)

We do have about 400 CDs as well :D Still wouldn't be without a record deck though ;)

And as for this download rubbish I'll never go there, I like something tangible for my money that can't disappear into the ether on a whim! You also get to read the inlay notes, just like the old sleeve notes  :)

Paul

Trainfish

I agree Paul. I've got around 350 CDs, unknown vinyls but all in their proper cases with inlays. I've also just discovered that a guy at our local market sells second hand CDs for £2 upwards so I can see that 350 increasing rather rapidly. Bought just 2 last week but it's nearly Thursday again  :thumbsup:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations